sealed power lifts

-
y 2 full turns i thought spec was 1/2 to 1 full turn. they shouldnt be dirty they only 6 months of use on them
1 full turn on a Magnum rocker stud would put somewhere in the range of .065 to over .080 preload on the lifter. That seems adequate....???
Engine may not have a lot of time on it, but a big problem is the engine oil galleys not being cleaned thoroughly after machine work. It takes a gun brush and a lot of patches and solvent to work all the grit and shavings out.
Not trying to be disagreeable, but cleanliness of engines at assembly is probably not much different now that 40 years ago, but 40 years ago, the hydraulics did not have as many issues.
The quicker the ramp, the harder it is on the hydraulics. You want to run a hydraulic? Use an early 1980's grind and live with it.
I am sure this is part of the general issue. 300-400 lb open seat pressures and the lifts being used now did not exist (at least commonly) 'back in the day'.

Last edited:
so check out what rusty said about facing the inside of the valley and confirm rockers oil the pushrods and pushrods have oil holes to oil the rockers
I hope you spun up the shaft and observed oil before you fired it up
I use 0W 40 EUROSPEC oil any with the Merceedes benz .29 spec made from natural gas, built in ep and it does not shear down cuz it has no multi viscosity polymers

-
Back