Seam sealer

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Whats everyone using for seam sealer ? I used 3M Fast n Firm in my drip rails, It shrank and cranked.

I use a product from POR15 called 'POR Patch'.
I used it on the drip rails on my pickup and it worked just fine with NO shrinkage after 3 years.
It comes in a tube.

cudamike13

I used some stuff from Eastwood, I can not remember the name of it though.

i used a product called auto-star as-211. Comes in caulking like tube. just put it down today so cant tell ya if it lasted. Bought if at mopar nats from the tent that sells auto body supplies.

Yeah, I've had that 3M stuff shrink and crack too if it's too thick. For the drip rail I tried a couple of different 3M products till I settled on Lord Fusor #129. It's a two part product.

3M 08500
you can squeeze it out with a caulking gun, make it small or large depending where you cut the tip.

And I'll give you a tip Adam, if you smooth it out with your finger, get your fingertip wet with a little water, it works beautifully!

Attachments

• 314ZV46NTPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 270
Eastwood brand from ebay worked well.It was cheaper thru ebay than there company site.

3M 08500
you can squeeze it out with a caulking gun, make it small or large depending where you cut the tip.

And I'll give you a tip Adam, if you smooth it out with your finger, get your fingertip wet with a little water, it works beautifully!
I think this is what was used on my car, will ask next time I talk to my friend....

-
Back