Seat belt bolts

-

Demonracer

71 Demon 00 Ram 16 Chrysler 300S 05 Caravan
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the size and thread on the seat belt bolts for a 71 Demon? I can feel the holes, but cannot get to them because of the sill bar of my roll cage. TIA

Wish I could help but I’m betting it’s like a 7/16 or 1/2 inch shouldered bolt. I know I have some in my “lucky box” but I call it my lucky box for a reason. It’s in there but your lucky to find it.

I understand, I used to have some around here but can no longer remember where I put them.

My 69 Barracuda uses 7/16-20 thread shouldered bolts
I have 2 different sizes. I'll have to figure out where they go. I just test fit them.
They do thread into the welded in nuts next to the front seats, so I know the threads are correct.
1709401279576.png

Yes, they do thread into the welded nuts on the sill area and the driveshaft tunnel. I'm trying to find a pair for a buddy so we can get his car on the road. He is about 1500 miles from me and is not very sharp mechanically.

Longer ones for the front retractors and shorter ones for the tunnel is what I'm thinking.
Back seat uses 7/16-14 though.

Front belts use 7/16-20 on the left and Rear belts use 7/16-14 on the right.
Seems odd that they used 2 different thread sizes. But this is in my 69. Can't say if they might have changed by 71 or not...
1709402415817.png

I just wish I knew for sure, I would take 2 of each if they are available. I guess it's time for me to place a "wanted" ad. LOL

I just wish I knew for sure, I would take 2 of each if they are available. I guess it's time for me to place a "wanted" ad. LOL
Double checked.
All 7/16-20 Fine threads. Ran them in all the way with a ratchet. Not sure what the coarse thread bolts are for.

C10, C11 and C10 stamped on the Heads of the bolts.

1709407668267.png

1709407684864.png

Can find them used and new on EBay.

Vans Sells new sets for $75. Ouch! I'd just run 7/16 bolts with a bushing or piece of cut off pipe before I'd pay $75 for a set of ten bolts...
1709407918130.png

On my '71 Dart GT (2 dr hardtop) with bucket seats:

Front:
C10 x2= front lap belt retractors (mounted to the inside of the sill)
C11 x2= shoulder belt anchors on the hardtop
C12 x2= front seat buckle ends (on the tunnel)

Rear:
C10 x2: outer belts mounted on the sills
C12 x2: inner belts mounted to the floor
Here is info I found when I was looking for the correct seat belt bolts for my 72 Scamp

Yes, they do thread into the welded nuts on the sill area and the driveshaft tunnel. I'm trying to find a pair for a buddy so we can get his car on the road. He is about 1500 miles from me and is not very sharp mechanically.
The short bolts probably go on the outside attaching one belt. The center hump attachments probably need the longer bolts because of the center belts. (2 belts attached to the same bolt)

This is in a bucket seat, no console car. I believe they were both C 11 bolts as best I remember.

I have the same question as the OP but for a 1975 bench seat Duster. Looking to replace the jury-rigged setup currently in the car with three point belts (no center belt). If anyone knows the bolt size for that year, or maybe even have the bolts, please let me know. TIA

-
Back