Seat Belts, nice or should I get new ones??

-

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
I did something kind of different this time around. My seat belts were really really stained and alot of the paint was coming off the buckles. There was no fraying or other noted damage so I did a little re-do of sorts.
I started with some carpet spot and stain remover and a plastic utility scrub brush. I soaked one side at a time and scrubbed each side down and flipped them over and did the other side. I then used a brass wire wheel and took off all the paint on the buckles. I then clear coated the buckles. I cleaned all the other areas of the parts and this is what I ended up with. I have a pic of an unfinished belt and this was the best of the worst if that makes sense??
I guess I am just fishing here but this does not look too flashy or wrong, does it?? Myself I was impressed with the outcome. After pricing some new ones from PG Classics at $375.00 for a set I figured a little elbow grease, $20.00 bucks and a few hours was a better answer to my seat belt woes. And yes before some wise acre busts my chops they were blue at the start LOL,
Chas.

belts 007.JPG

belts 006.JPG

belts 008.JPG

belts 009.JPG

I like em' my vote is use them. Why not spend that money somewhere else? Keep them they look good.

It looks like they came out nice. You did a good job and it sure beats paying 375 for new ones lol.

Those look great. You should be totally proud. I'd use them because they look really good. Besides, buying new ones can be expensive and you wont end up with anything that looks better than what you did there.

-
Back