seat belts

-

ddettloff

Reaction score
Has anyone had luck putting a 3 point seat belt harness in a 67 cuda and if so what equipment is needed and how was mounting completed.

First think to check... If the coat hooks in your 67 are placed directly above the line where quarter glass and door glass meet, there isn't a seat belt anchor in the roof. When the factory placed the anchor there they had to move the coat hooks rearward.

How about an update. This is an important question to me.
As a kid, I only wore lap belts, until the day I buried my then 71 Duster under a semi-trailer. I will save you the medical ramifications of doing this.
Doctors told me that if I had been wearing the shoulder belt, I would have still been badly hurt, but nothing like I was.
So since that day, I have always wore the shoulder and lap belts. To this day I will not ride in a car without buckling the car into me.

I want to convert the original belts to the 3 point system of my new 71 duster

I'm confused. A 71 Duster has shoulder belts ( or should have ).

Absolutely. The shoulder and lap belts are totally separate of each other and can be used one or both

The website suggested to me does not work with the car. Too many major mods needed. I am keeping looking

Absolutely. The shoulder and lap belts are totally separate of each other and can be used one or both

Those are a dang mess in my opinion. I guess I'm just too lazy to put the shoulder belt away properly ( if there is a proper away ).

I ordered 3 point belts for my 71 duster today. Hope they work as well as the manufacturer claims they will. I did not bother getting them for the back seats. For as often as someone rides back there they can use the existing belts

I ordered 3 point belts for my 71 duster today. Hope they work as well as the manufacturer claims they will. I did not bother getting them for the back seats. For as often as someone rides back there they can use the existing belts

I just looked at the invoice, I ordered them from seatbeltsplus.com
I ordered the: --Mopar 1971-74, Retractable 3-Point Conversion Seat Belts for A, B & E Body w/ Bench Seat---Item# 3-7174-E-BodyBe

I just looked at the invoice, I ordered them from seatbeltsplus.com
I ordered the: --Mopar 1971-74, Retractable 3-Point Conversion Seat Belts for A, B & E Body w/ Bench Seat---Item# 3-7174-E-BodyBe

Did you install these yet? I was looking at converting to 3 point retractable belts...

I put a set of the wesco ones in the front of my 72 4 door.

I ordered the ones with the longer shoulder guides, as using just the coupe ones would have had the shoulder belt riding my ear. These are part number [FONT="Trebuchet MS", Arial]#SBS-lng-sash, from Wesco Performance. [/FONT]

seatbelt3.jpg

The retractor is pretty sturdy, but is a bit picky about the speed in which you pull it out to put it on. It doesn't bind or anything....just likes to lock under the lightest strain.

seatbelt1.jpg

Here is a shot of the 3rd point mounting that I had to setup to mount the end of the lap belt. Using the stuff in the seatbelt mounting kit, I added the little "L" bracket to the seatbelt to floor bolt, and bolted the lap belt mount to that bracket. It's all setup with grade 8 hardware.

seatbelt2.jpg

Did you install these yet? I was looking at converting to 3 point retractable belts...

I saw those belts installed in Pawned's Duster yesterday. They look great & I know are safer than the lap belts in my car.....

-
Back