seat belts?

-

AUSSIE DART

Reaction score
g'day again

im thinkin of up grading my seat belts in my 66 dart convert as i would like something more safer than the standard lap belt set up, so the question is how are seat belts mounted in a dart coupe?? are they mounted on the side pillar?? any pics would be a great help... i thought about fittin a 4 point stle belt boltin to the floor pan(with xtra bracing high tensile bolts etc) just behind the front seats ...but i have been told that i would need a engerneers report to fit safer seat belts. and a 4 point belt is illeagle in a street registed road car???..australian rules can be a bit weird???...any advice would be great

thanx guys

AD

Sadly, the coupes and sedans mounting bolt for the shoulder belt is in the roof rail. Suggest using the seats out of a Sebring convertible that have the belt coming out of the shoulder area of the seat. Good luck.

there is also a company making seats for street rods that have shoulder belts made into the seats. I can't remember the company name, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Edit: I think it was these guys, but it could've been someone else.

http://www.wiseguys-seats.com/

They only had lap belts in '66. I would go with seat mounted belts or install a purpose built belt bar. The only way you could safely anchor a shoulder belt to the floor of an A-body would be to anchor the belts to the trunk floor. As a general rule, a belt that comes off the shoulder at a downward angle of more than 10 degrees can do more harm in a crash than good.

-
Back