Seat foam?

-
While I'm here looking at pics I took, this is the back of the front bench.
Instead of foam around the edge, it is real cotton in what looks like a cotton netting material.

20180805_185354.jpg

20180805_184207.jpg

Last thing I'll add, as I found it interesting.
In the back of the rear seat, at the bottom, they added extra cotton between the springs and the burlap, sort of a lumbar support, 1st pic.
So, I recreated that when I upholstered it, 2nd pic.

20180721_152657.jpg

20180726_232516.jpg

Last thing I'll add, as I found it interesting.
In the back of the rear seat, at the bottom, they added extra cotton between the springs and the burlap, sort of a lumbar support, 1st pic.
So, I recreated that when I upholstered it, 2nd pic.
Ah!! I had thought that mice or sometehing had gotten into mine and pulled the cotton through... all good info, thank you much :)

Glad someone made this thread, i have a couple of questions.. i have my seats down to the frames/cleaned and painted (had to remove some rust... every inch of this damn car...) anyway.. no one makes stuff for 62's, i am just curious if there is a particular weight HF foam to use? 2" for the bottom and backs of seats?
Sadly my seats didn't have original covers, a friend of mine is a seamstress and will be making me new ones but we are arguing over the edges (bench seat) I swear they have piping, she says it's welting.. if anyone has a 62-65 bench laying around, could use some close ups of the edge around the front.

Sorry if this is derailing.. didn't wanna make a whole new post for this :)
You're Good Man! No offense taken here!

I've seen people put square chunks of high density foam on the round springs to firm things up :)

-
Back