Seat Track Conversion?

-

dewsky

1975 Duster 360
Reaction score
OK guys.....I have a set of Buckets that I want to put in my 75 Duster. BUT, the Drivers side is missing one of the tracks. Is it possible to take the tracks off of the Bench Seat and use them for the missing bucket track? Anyone ever done this?

drivers inner track missing is my guess.
cat converter cars have an oddball drivers side inner track to fit around the cat hump in the floor.

drivers inner track missing is my guess.
cat converter cars have an oddball drivers side inner track to fit around the cat hump in the floor.
No....missing the Drivers OUTER rail is what is missing

Bucket and bench tracks are quite different, from overall height and slope angle, how the release lever bends and extends from under the seat. If it can be done it wont be easy.
You need a mirror image of the outer track on your right seat. Compare that to the left track of the bench seat. Good luck

No....missing the Drivers OUTER rail is what is missing

well, shut my mouth:lol:

then you already have the tough to find piece.

wouldnt all A body ds bucket outer tracks be interchangeable from 67 to 76?

As far as I know the interchange for A-Body buckets is 70-76 for the outer tracks...

Well, shucks.....sounds like it will be easier to just find the missing track. And they are such a pain to find........

Just for fun, have you trial fit both bench seat tracks on your driver side bucket?

I know a guy that did it with a 1970 B-body & he said they were taller over all but worked fine so it may be worth a shot.

Just for fun, have you trial fit both bench seat tracks on your driver side bucket?

I know a guy that did it with a 1970 B-body & he said they were taller over all but worked fine so it may be worth a shot.
Ya know.....I've not tried it yet....but sounds like a good idea. Will let you know how it works out.

-
Back