Seat upholstery sources for a 72 Duster

-

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My 72 Duster is painted, mechanically sound and almost ready to drive regularly but the interior needs to be done.
I have door panels but will need carpet, seat upholstery and a headliner.
In the past, I have used Year One or Classic Industries for this stuff.
Are they still a decent company to deal with? I know that shipping costs sometimes sway a decision. I'm on the left coast and it seems almost every company is East of me.
I talked to a local upholstery shop and the greedy jerk quoted $2500 to reskin the buckets and rear seat.
No thanks!

I’ve been ordering from classic and it’s been good. I usually wait for a free shipping coupon or something to help with the cost.

Legendary is the best, BUT the lead time is worse than when I got my stuff last year. ACC for the carpet if you don't go with Legendary. The upholstery can likely be done by a local upholstery shop IF there are no heat embossed parts.

My local upholstery shop is shutting their doors after sixty years in business (father, son, daughter). I asked him to see if he could get me a good price on just front bench seat covers for '72 Scamp. He called Legendary, $500 his cost and 10 month wait !!!

Try PG Classics...I bought a set for my 72 Demon and the customer service was great. They had them in stock and their prices beat everyone else. They also have the front injection molded seat foams for the 72s

Jerry

Try PG Classics...I bought a set for my 72 Demon and the customer service was great. They had them in stock and their prices beat everyone else. They also have the front injection molded seat foams for the 72s

Jerry

I didn't see the seat foams on there. Do you have a part # by chance?

JW

I didn't see the seat foams on there. Do you have a part # by chance?

JW
They don't have a part number in their catalog but when I called them, they said the foams are the same as B body seats.

Jerry

20210418_115557.jpg

20211208_192429.jpg

I was also wondering about PG Classics...anybody else have their upholstery?

My 72 Duster is painted, mechanically sound and almost ready to drive regularly but the interior needs to be done.
I have door panels but will need carpet, seat upholstery and a headliner.
In the past, I have used Year One or Classic Industries for this stuff.
Are they still a decent company to deal with? I know that shipping costs sometimes sway a decision. I'm on the left coast and it seems almost every company is East of me.
I talked to a local upholstery shop and the greedy jerk quoted $2500 to reskin the buckets and rear seat.
No thanks!
I bought mine from Classic Industries when they had a big sale after Thanksgiving. The covers are Legendary. Even my upholstery shop is a dealer for Legendary. He can't make them from scratch for the price. (he does high end custom upholstery)

100_4680 (1).JPG

100_4679.JPG

seat (2).jpg

new seat cover.jpg

-
Back