Seatbelt bolt

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever have to contend with a stripped out torx seatbelt bolt..??

Yup, had bolts of all sorts with stripped heads. Depending one where they are and what kind of access you have, you can sometimes use vice grips, drill and easy-out, hammer and chisel, or weld a nut onto the head and wrench it out.

Anyone ever have to contend with a stripped out torx seatbelt bolt..??
Most seat belt bolts screw through the welded in nut and are exposed to the undercarriage. Clean off the undercoat and spray with a good penetrating oil. You will have to use what ever is necessary to remove. Vice grips, easy outs, welding a nut on it (don't burn your carpet). Try a Torx+. That may be what the fastener is to start with.

Most seat belt bolts screw through the welded in nut and are exposed to the undercarriage. Clean off the undercoat and spray with a good penetrating oil. You will have to use what ever is necessary to remove. Vice grips, easy outs, welding a nut on it (don't burn your carpet). Try a Torx+. That may be what the fastener is to start with.
Fortunately, no carpet as the interior has been removed... unfortunately, there's no access underneath.. bolt goes into the rocker area and is covered..

Mopar ? With a torx ? What model ?
Mopar ? With a torx ? What model ?
1026211802_HDR.jpg

Yeah I remember now . I have a box full of seatbelts and bolts but couldnt visualize the torx

What color ? I have blue and black but dont recall which years. I will check next week.

-
Back