Secondaries not opening

-
OP, did the O-ring go back in properly when you changed the secondary diaphragm spring?

Check the gasket to the body as suggested above. And also test the whole diaphragm as RRR said.

While the diaphragm is off the carb, press one end of vacuum line onto the port on the body that feeds vaccum to the diaphragm so that it is sealed, and see if you can blow through it; this is the passage into the carb primary throats that provides ported vaccum to the diaphragm and should be open into the primaries.

Well I'll get to testing things when I get home, I'm actually at the beach right now lol just had been pondering it in my head and figured I'd get a good list of things to check from this post

Thats a cool trick, Rob!...never knew about it...but with me being a Carter fan, it isn't a problem.

Puzackly. And me knowin what a huge fan you are.......ain't it killin you to try one of them new Street Demon 3 barrel Thermoquad knock offs? I sure want to try one. On sumffin.

Puzackly. And me knowin what a huge fan you are.......ain't it killin you to try one of them new Street Demon 3 barrel Thermoquad knock offs? I sure want to try one. On sumffin.

Hey Rob...I actually have a 3310 750 Holley on my 472 BB Ford pickup...that motor seems to like the Holley better...no idea why...... (shrug)

Hey Rob...I actually have a 3310 750 Holley on my 472 BB Ford pickup...that motor seems to like the Holley better...no idea why...... (shrug)

I've run into that. Does it have a sizeable cam? Sometimes an engine with a fairly low vacuum signal will like the Holley better because of the lack of metering rods.

I've run into that. Does it have a sizeable cam? Sometimes an engine with a fairly low vacuum signal will like the Holley better because of the lack of metering rods.

I had a cam 256 @ 50 on a 108 lsa with over 100 dregrees of overlap in a 360 and i could never get my 3310 4 corner to idle right. Put on an Eddie 800 avs and it idled a whole lot better and drove better too.

Hysteric

-
Back