Secondary vacuum pods

-

rod7515

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to attempt start my Dart for the first time with the 2x4 setup on it. The only thing I'm not sure about is where do I connect the vacuum secondary pods to? Any help would be appreciated. I am running Holley 600 carbs on an old TR5 Edelbrock tunnel ram.
Thanks Rod

are you talking the linkage from the diaphram? or do you have the units for dual quads---one port on each "pod'? they connect to each other. the vacuam to operate the actual secondaries comes from inside the carb. if none of the above, post a picture.

Post a picture? What are you talkin about? We all have crystal balls here, remember?

So to make this question clearer, where do I pull vacuum from to pull the secondary diaphrams open with throttle maxed out? Yes, I do know know that the diaphrams will not open while sitting and revving the throttle. I'm just not sure if the vacuum signal should come from above or below the throttle plates. Here are 2 pics of the carbs.
20210907_185100.jpg
20211110_221228.jpg

There's a port just above the air screw and then one beside the 3/8 port on bottom plate of carbs. I'm thinking its the lower port unless I draw it from the plug in side of the top intake.

Yup, you run a vacuum line between the two diaphragms. The vacuum source comes from inside the carburetors. The diaphragms are hooked together so the vacuum is equalized between the two.

So to make this question clearer, where do I pull vacuum from to pull the secondary diaphrams open with throttle maxed out? Yes, I do know know that the diaphrams will not open while sitting and revving the throttle. I'm just not sure if the vacuum signal should come from above or below the throttle plates. Here are 2 pics of the carbs.
View attachment 1715855868 View attachment 1715855869
There's a port just above the air screw and then one beside the 3/8 port on bottom plate of carbs. I'm thinking its the lower port unless I draw it from the plug in side of the top intake.

Here's a pic showing the balance line between vacuum pods on a set of holley 2x4s.

1625067427208495d56042-scaled.jpg

Hell yeah. Ford 427 High Riser.

390 with gt heads and a low riser 2x4, but from the outside they look nearly identical of course ;)

If it wasn't for the 6" of ice on my driveway, I'd actually brave the 20 deg mornings in the car for a chance to drive it more...

View attachment 1715855868 View attachment 1715855869

The 3/8 port is for a PCV valve.

Thanks for the answers. For some reason i was thinking I had to put a tee between them and draw vacuum from somewhere else. So here's another question that someone may be able to help with. I've purchased the spring kits to make changes for the secondarys to open. Which ones would you suggest I start with? My pods are aftermarket so I can change them with removing from carb but just remove the top.
Thanks rod

Thanks for the answers. For some reason i was thinking I had to put a tee between them and draw vacuum from somewhere else. So here's another question that someone may be able to help with. I've purchased the spring kits to make changes for the secondarys to open. Which ones would you suggest I start with? My pods are aftermarket so I can change them with removing from carb but just remove the top.
Thanks rod
I would get the adjustable diaphragms from Quick Fuel. Never change a spring again.

Rusty, wish I would have known that earlier. It looks like total cost would have been very similar to buying springs and quick change tops! Thanks for all the information and help from all.
Rod

Rusty, wish I would have known that earlier. It looks like total cost would have been very similar to buying springs and quick change tops! Thanks for all the information and help from all.
Rod
I believe too, you would lose the balance hose option. I would have to think on that one. I kinda like having them linked together. Once you get the springs dialed in, I think it would work better.

-
Back