selector shaft repair sleeve

-

forced 340

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has seen, heard, or knows where to get them??? a friend of mine builds transmissions out of his garage, has a bunch of valve bodies he cant use because the selector shafts are worn where the seals seal on them... i hope that made sence... thanks for any advice!

I know they make a repair sleeve for the transmission case that has to be reamed and fitted.
Or may be the detent on the valvebody is loose where the are swedged together where the ball rides.If so i reswedge or tack weld to hold them.

I've never seen that shaft worn so far that a new seal wouldn't work. I know I aint seen it all but dang, It aint like the shaft was spinning in the seal.
Where a seal has a spring behind the lip you can remove that spring and make it a tad shorter thus tightening the fit.

a bunch of valve bodies he cant use because the selector shafts are worn where the seals seal on

He's asking about a valve body selector shaft assembly repair kit.

Unforfunately, never heard of one being made.
However, if there was one, it would work as well as any of the others that are made for balancers and such.

I've rebuilt numerous torqueflites, some of which had close to 300,000 miles on them and have yet to see any with the selector shaft worn very much at all.

ive seen quite afew woreout and loose shifter shafts along with oblong case bores. had to buy that sonnax tool mentioned above. i havent heard of any speedy sleeves yet.

-
Back