Selling my 225 slant 6 in socal

-
108k? i think, its original, im looking for $450? comes with alternator fan, water pump, power steering pump, and the starter.. . maybe some more not sure yet.. . its out of a 1972 dodge dart swinger

good luck on sale. I had one 2 years ago that I had to scrap/lost storage/posted on ebay couldnt get $50/ got more for scrap.

not trying to ruin a sale, but i think the price is a little high to be fair. i just recently bought a couple 225 slant 6 motors for my '71 dart. one was rebuilt and it was $300.00, the other had 85k original miles and came with all the bolt ons and it was $325.00 i would be interested, but it's a little too high for me. good luck sir.

I thought about trying to sell my /6 but from what I have been told from local shops and others is that its really not worth the headache of selling, there is always the option to part out, but I think scraping will bring more in the long run sadly :wack:

Hell, I bought my whole running, driving, slant six auto 1967 Plymouth Valiant Coupe with the original black Cali plates for $300. I sold the good 904 auto for $150 when I converted over to a four speed.

$450 for a slant six engine is a little high. I'd probably pay as much as $200 for a good running 1968-1975 engine with good even compression across the cylinders if I needed one, but likely I could score one for about $100.

My buddy and I have both bought good running 70's 440s for around $400 around here, him a 1977 cast crank and myself a forged crank 1973 engine.

I know somebody that want's 1K for one. On the ground. Not running. Supposedly
"rebuilt". It will rust away in that same spot. They just don't bring that kinda money. I have had several good running slants given to me over the past few years just to get them out of the way. There's just no market for them.

No, sell it cheaper. Do you want some money or no money? Sell it for $150 and be happy you helped out some random Mopar guy.

If that fails, I give crap away before I scrap it. If I can't give it away in a couple weeks, then I toss it.

tranny has value, slant has value too, just not as much as the trans...I mean who needs a slant, they all run forever! Trans are a different beast. I couldnt sell a rebuilt 318 for 200...finally traded it for a...slant! All the guy wanted were the brackets and bolt ons for his incomplete 340 long block.

-
Back