seriously? Have all classic cars instantly turned to gold???

-
You can thank the BJ auctions, and the other high profile classic and collector car auctions for that. Anyone selling a car that is older than say 20 years automatically thinks he's selling "gold".

It's an idiotic mindset originated by a group of people with "more dollars than sense".

Lmao! Move decimal at least one spot to the left. Heck make it two since he doesn't even know what year it is!

That's the rare 64 in the 67 body style.

Gas Monkey would clear the patina , Then install a LS1 on a crown vic suspension. Then sell it for 40k.

So why shouldn't the car be worth more from the one who did the patina work. That was the time consuming part of the build. The rest only takes a week.

Gas Monkey would clear the patina , Then install a LS1 on a crown vic suspension. Then sell it for 40k.

So why shouldn't the car be worth more from the one who did the patina work. That was the time consuming part of the build. The rest only takes a week.

You mean he'd TRY to sell it for 40k, but he'd get his *** handed to him in the deal and he'd be lucky to bring in 20k. Then he'd go drink a beer.

You mean he'd TRY to sell it for 40k, but he'd get his *** handed to him in the deal and he'd be lucky to bring in 20k. Then he'd go drink a beer.
He's as bad, if not worse than Barrett Jackson. Completely ruined the market. Now it's just another money maker, for them.

But it's a rare 4 door survivor and matching numbers!
What more would you want for 14 grand?
Oh yeah, something that's in good shape and not a total turd.

These examples not withstanding, if you have been in the market over the past 4 years buying or selling it is pretty clear that prices on classics have been waaaaay down from where they were BO (before Obama). Sure there are people who try to get top dollar (or top plus in some cases) but they are not selling. Even the prices on the big TV auctions have been down considerably from prior years. I've seen many cars on the auctions go for $35k that would have drawn $60-70k 5-6 years ago.
Right now is a really good time to be buying classics - but you still have to buy "smartly". There are lots of great deals out there.

He said he's "wanting $14,000". Maybe that's unrelated to the car. As in, the car is for sale. AND, on an unrelated note, I want $14,000. Hell, I want a million dollars, has nothing to do with what my car is worth.

You guys didn't hear that slant 6 cars are worth as much as original Hemi cars....

rust holes THROUGH the hood and THROUGH the rear deck and maybe even the sail panels in spots

wow.

Do you know how much time it took to get them that rusted??? That has got to be worth $$$$....

Jeez.... You guys act like they rust out on their own....

The car has one of those super rare experimental non carburated slant six engines that Chrysler built two of and then recalled them because the oil companies didn't want the public to get their hands on any of them.

Benji

-
Back