Set my car on fire!!!

-

Originalowner73 340duster

Reaction score
Frankenstein the exhaust with clamps and couldn't get good seal on two in front..so went to local mineakee and got a twenty dollar special for 2 welds..told the guy its temporary and need it to work for short time just do it and don't light the car on fire..lol..well I have hole near were he was welding and some fibers started going up so I. Telling the older gentleman that it's on fire and he walks away so I started putting the fire pieces off . .he came back and had a spray bottle and sprayed it off..I asked him to do more even tho he insisted that it was fine.well he finished up and I leave ..mile down the road..half way home ...smoke is filling the car.i pull Matt and see red Amber's were hole is..so I quickly pulled in gas station and run in and ask for a hose and they say they don't have one.i freaked and said bucket of water anything ..he said pull around side so I did and saw he had a hose so I ran grabbed it by the time I got back to the car the water was on and I pulled Matt and stuck the hose in the hole and soaked all around..kept it in their for Good ten minutes..was shittin myself but no damages other than little burnt fibers understand rubber floor that's coming out anyway..I called and told the guys and what a surprise they were in shock...I played it off little worse than it was to them but WTF man they almost f n burned my car to the ground over a 20 Dollar damn weld!!!!!

So, let me get this straight, your car is on FIRE and the place you choose to pull over is a gas station?

So, let me get this straight, your car is on FIRE and the place you choose to pull over is a gas station?
Sure, what place is more likely to have quickly available fire extinguishers than a gas station?

CB6092CF-CAB6-4C60-B222-E8703F72BF80.jpeg

Glad you saved it.
Next time, Any time, you're using an open flame heat cover everything first. If you can pick up the carpet, you can put down a piece of sheet metal and an some bricks.
Fabrics are bad for smoldering, and upholstery is even worse. Can go for minutes or even hours before it bursts.

-
Back