Setup the suspension on Slow Dart

-

boosted

Life Needs Air
Reaction score
I was not happy with the suspension on the slow dart. Cal Trac split mono leaf adjustable shocks. After a long talk with Greg and Mike at Calverts I have finaly got the car to sit like I want it to.

Here are the before and after pictures.. I will need to tweek the bars some but I will do that at the track.

I love the looks of the car now.. I never liked it looking like it had SS springs on it..

Got to have surgery on the 14th so I will be down for a few weeks but will try and get it back to the track early December.. No real slow down to racing down here in the south..

1st pic is before and the others are now...

Attachments

• Columbus-20120826-00062.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 283
  • Columbus-20121103-00158 (Large).jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 267
  • Columbus-20121103-00159 (Large).jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 242
Looks awesome. Got SS springs as well. For some reason my car does not look like most of the other ones with SS springs on them. Only has junk, short tires on it now but it just does not look THAT high.

put ladder bars and coil over shocks on it...LOL

Na I would not want a car with ladder bars... Re arched the back portion of the spring. They also said it was ok to use a lowering block on it.. I love the stance it has now. Evidently the guy before me on this car had put the 225 lb springs on it and it was up there.

I would like to why "no ladder bars". I have CalTracs with mono leafs. They work OK but, ladder bars work better IMO

I would like to why "no ladder bars". I have CalTracs with mono leafs. They work OK but, ladder bars work better IMO

Well the faster Dart will 60' in the low 1.20's at any track I run at around here on Caltracs. Easy to adjust and I can run a stock susp. class. I can put either of my Darts back on the street with little work and have a good ride. Never an issue with traction at our local tracks so i just do not see a need for ladder bars. I still think of my cars as not being all out race cars as they do have a stock style suspension in them.

-
Back