sfi case for a mopar tqflight 727

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I posted this on Moparts and thought I better drag it over here.

Since the cats out of the bag.... We thought it would be cool to share with everyone and see what all our customers think about the new SFI approved case that we will be keeping in stock. These cases will work in a 727, 518, 47RE and a 48RE. There will be multiple bell housings with direct bolt in converters for many applications (available soon).
We are super excited to have gotten to be a part of another product that's making our industry better!
We can not divulge a release date as of yet but 2019 is gonna be a lot of fun!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!

DNJ Components on Facebook

I posted this on Moparts and thought I better drag it over here.

Since the cats out of the bag.... We thought it would be cool to share with everyone and see what all our customers think about the new SFI approved case that we will be keeping in stock. These cases will work in a 727, 518, 47RE and a 48RE. There will be multiple bell housings with direct bolt in converters for many applications (available soon).
We are super excited to have gotten to be a part of another product that's making our industry better!
We can not divulge a release date as of yet but 2019 is gonna be a lot of fun!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!

DNJ Components on Facebook
What no 904 lol

I was asking if the case would work like a turbo 400 like Alinco instead of the problematic 727 capiche

I was asking if the case would work like a turbo 400 like Alinco instead of the problematic 727 capiche
Sorry no capiche. What is problematic on the 727. I am not familiar with the turbo 400. This is a Mopar forum lol.

I'll explain it to you Chevy Turbo 400 goes first Carriage through 2nd carries through 3rd have you ever heard Ivana Lenco transmission works just like that 727 first and reverse are the same when the second comes on ab and stops the drum it shifts 2 second and then it'll shift to 3rd the 1-2 shift has a clunk in it unless you use A14 AR-15 shift lever are you following me I know it's cold in Canada it takes a little while Turbo 400 in stock form we'll handle 800 horsepower 727 in stock form has a problem with 700 maybe 5:50

I'll explain it to you Chevy Turbo 400 goes first Carriage through 2nd carries through 3rd have you ever heard Ivana Lenco transmission works just like that 727 first and reverse are the same when the second comes on ab and stops the drum it shifts 2 second and then it'll shift to 3rd the 1-2 shift has a clunk in it unless you use A14 AR-15 shift lever are you following me I know it's cold in Canada it takes a little while Turbo 400 in stock form we'll handle 800 horsepower 727 in stock form has a problem with 700 maybe 5:50
Have you ever had a 700 800 horsepower engine try to hook it up between behind the 727 even in a in a poke to the Bleach box put it in second gear Runner motor to 5500 slap third carry it out to 5500 just before the tires hook up you let go of the trans you won't get 35 or 45 runs off of it built Turbo 400 work two years easy

My buddy races a 68 Hemi Dart. Never had a problem. A couple of his Chevy buddies talked him into a T400. 3 races =3 trannies. Back to the 727. He told me that it was a very expensive lesson. Kim

I was wondering if this was a Chevy parts in a 727 case just like you use Chevy parts in a 440 or a 426 if you really want it to live

I was wondering if this was a Chevy parts in a 727 case just like you use Chevy parts in a 440 or a 426 if you really want it to live
I think you have that backwards. 904 parts go in 727 and Chevy.
John Cope has a YouTube video of a 904 that holds 900-1000 horse.
The weak link is the case not the design.
Turbo 400 have problems too. Do a burnout in 2nd gear and you,lol break the sprag. And if conditions are right there drum can explode too. This is my friends pro trans 727 that he just had done.
Heavy Ls car with new hemi. Runs high eights. Notice 904 parts.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Not cold in Canada this time of year. Spring is here.

Turbo 400 have problems too. Do a burnout in 2nd gear and you,lol break the sprag. And if conditions are right there drum can explode too. This is my friends pro trans 727 that he just had done.

View attachment 1715328087

View attachment 1715328088

View attachment 1715328089

View attachment 1715328087

View attachment 1715328088

View attachment 1715328089
I hear you the cope deal I've read about I'm just not a fan of a 904 I can break I can break a brand-new 727 before the third round that 904 you know it's lighter Duty I'm just not a fan

That's a 727 with the light and Sun Gear not a 904 right
The front drum and rear drum and sunshell are 904.
Look at the lever and strut operating the second gear band.
It is custom. I believe the low reverse drum is 727 because of the roller clutch. The sunshell has been lightened, but it is 904.
Build one of these with an sfi Dnj case would be the ultimate
Torqueflite. IMHO, but big $$$ though.

I hear you the cope deal I've read about I'm just not a fan of a 904 I can break I can break a brand-new 727 before the third round that 904 you know it's lighter Duty I'm just not a fan
How much power you makin. Gotta build it for the application.
727 will hold 800 horse no problem.

-
Back