Shackle bushings

-

Seansmopar

Reaction score
Hi folks I need help trying to identify without pulling apart..I'm looking at classic industries standard shackles and bushing kit for my 64 barracuda..They show two different sizes 7/8 or 1 inch not sure which one i have and I tried the search threads couldn't find any thing..build date May 64 273 open 7 1/4 differential..I wanted to order parts then start and finish replacement on a weekend..any info would help..Thanks ..Sean

OH,,, so you want it to be easier for you than for everybody else that has had to do it huh?

Just kidding man.
Shackles are easy to pull a side plate and chk to be sure, so you dont take it all apart and have the wrong parts.

There are no side plates..spring goes straight into a bracket..car has no shackles for side plates..I saw the rock auto shackle for sale but didn't see front of spring bushings on the site..I have to investigate more for bushing sizes.

There are no side plates..spring goes straight into a bracket..car has no shackles for side plates..I saw the rock auto shackle for sale but didn't see front of spring bushings on the site..I have to investigate more for bushing sizes.

Ah, sorry.
I thought you were refering to the rear hangars.

The only real clue to size that I have every really seen was that OE slant 6 cars had the smaller bushing, and the V8's had the larger one.

I can tell you though, that when I had a parts house look them up they got the right size, so maybe that can help you determin which one it takes.

Well, I've got four 1964 cars, three Barracudas and a Valiant. When I replaced springs two of the cars had one size and two cars had the larger size. They are all pretty early build dates too. So I guess...it depends......

-
Back