Shafers model car thread

-
here are some steps i have already taken,
they model will look like the real car pix except keystone classics will be on it as requested
resin has a very oily residue that can ruin paint so it is required to give it a soapy bath, primer is also a requirement

then i removed an unwanted molding on the c piller upper

this is the closest match i cold find based off pix
View attachment Matt66ValiantSignet_1.jpg

View attachment Matt66ValiantSignet_3.jpg

View attachment DSCF6078.jpg

View attachment DSCF6079.jpg

View attachment DSCF6080.jpg

View attachment DSCF6081.jpg

View attachment DSCF6082.jpg

View attachment DSCF6083.jpg

View attachment DSCF6084.jpg

View attachment DSCF6085.jpg

so we have a start.

they model will look like the real car pix except keystone classics will be on it as requested
resin has a very oily residue that can ruin paint so it is required to give it a soapy bath, primer is also a requirement

View attachment 252871

View attachment 252872

View attachment 252873

View attachment 252874

View attachment 252875

View attachment 252876

View attachment 252877

View attachment 252878

View attachment 252879

View attachment 252880

so we have a start.

One day you're you need to teach this ol dog how you do the great models

attachment.php

so we have a start.
This picture is starting to look like it I think, looks good. :thumbup:

for your viewing pleasure, in case you need more :)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI3Mg51sbAI"]‪66 Plymouth Valiant Signet slant six 1‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

That Valiant is looking good! Here is another rotter. It is a 67 GTX by Revell that had a badly warped body.

Attachments

• 100_1542.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 360
^^^ that's really cool dge467, i feel sheltered never seen models done that way

Yeah that's looking good, Shafer man you're fast! I'm glad it's turning out on the lighter side, that way it still looks right if it's not in direct light. So far so good... :thumbup:

shafer;1339442]here is a couple more, petty scratch built superbird, the $2million hemi cuda convertable,(only I added the billboards) and a custom 69 charger Feel free to post your models on this thread

Nice Dave Parker bobble head!

Attachments

• Cropped20passengers20rear20quarter.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 334
Shafer, I got to looking and found that I bought that kit in August 2005, been waiting a long time to get her done! Did some searching on the interweb, found it was made by drag city casting but they don't make them anymore. Here is that: http://www.rocketfin.com/resin_product.cfm?id=4928

Would you put a dab of silver paint on the fender here, where it says Signet?

Sorry for the delay. Here it is, but the blue on this is a bit dark, if you could lighten it up... thanks!

just ordered a 66 barracuda model gonna build it pretty soon then ill post up pics of the progress

-
Back