Shaker Hood & Scoop On A-Body

-

3yearcuda

Reaction score
Has anyone out there put a Shaker system on thier A-body? I would really like to install one on my 69 Barracuda 440 but have had no luck finding one from a supplier. Any ideas where to get one without paying more than the car is worth? How did the installation go? Got any pictures?

Do a search for member Moparwedden,he made his own for his 72 Duster BB car.It looks pretty cool.8)

The kit costs about 2500, you can get it a shakerhood.com

I looked into the same idea a few years ago and found the same company. A hood scoop for 2500 green ! I realize what it might take to make one, market it, make a profit, but 2500 for a sexy hood scoop ? Come on.

A couple pics I snagged when I was considering doing the shaker. It can be a whole lot cheaper if you just built it into the hood if you have the fabrication skills. No baseplate, but rather attach the bubble,trim ring, hood bracing to the hood itself. Give Ben a call.......www.shakerhood.com

I have the bubble,trim ring, and hood bracing parts sitting in my shop right now

Attachments

• 000_0017.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 311
  • 000_0021.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 331
  • 000_0018.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 293
Saw this one at Back to the Fifties last summer, very cool car. Not a good shot, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• IMG_3153.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 236
-
Back