Sheetmetal: who has the best pricing?

-

Machineman63

Reaction score
Getting started on my Scamp, I'm going to do a full floor pan. who has the best price , and are there any prefered ABO vendors with a discount?

I'd be more concerned about the quality/fitment and ship around for selected brand. That said I bought front floor pan sections from Ebay. They were recommended here somewhere.

I'd be more concerned about the quality/fitment and ship around for selected brand. That said I bought front floor pan sections from Ebay. They were recommended here somewhere.
I bet you that there are not more than 1 or 2 actual separate manufacturers of this kind of thing

Don’t forget to figure out what the freight changes will be. Summit lists at/below AMD pricing, and their freight charge is fairly minimal. There are certainly cheaper advertised prices from other vendors but then they hit you with the entire freight shipping charge and you pay more money overall.

If you don't mind a bit of a drive, you might be able to pick up from Auto Body Specialties in CT (nice people!) and save on the shipping www.autobodyspecialt.com
I believe sell AMD products.

Great if you can go get it! AMD is like TTI, in that they set the price that their vendors can sell for. Most of the savings is always in the shipping. If you're close enough....cha ching! If I need metal, I either buy it from Ted Stephens and go to AMD warehouse in GA to pick it up, or Ted meets me at a show and brings it with him.

AMD if they have it. I ordered full rockers and a left quarter from Summit. The rockers got shipped to me in a week or so. After almost two months I call and cancelled to quarter because it never came off of back order. I got a Goodmark panel from someone on the east cost. It's thin and the body lines sucked to say the least. The AMD rockers fit like a glove and are nice heavy metal. AMD would get my vote... if you can find one.

I would contact Rick that works at Laysons. They sell quality parts and they also offer a forum discount. Rick will work hard to find the least costly method of shipping.

I bought mine from 521 Restorations, they give 10 percent off for moparts members, and their shipping was cheap, you deal directly with the owner of 521 and he does a good job keeping you informed of status etc. I saved a lot of money buying through them:

AMD discount for Moparts members!

I work at a body shop and I just set up an account with AMD. We get a fairly decent discount but AMD has set minimum prices you can sell the items for. So basically it doesnt matter where you get it from the price should be the same. If its not, its not AMD or someone is not following their policy.
Anyways, I have always ordered straight from AMD. Their shipping charges are very reasonable.

-
Back