She's gone! Support group needed

-

K.O. SWINGER

Meeting in the alley since 1976
Reaction score
my name is Brian Okay to some it may not seem like that big a deal, but I had to take my 340 swinger to the paint shop for some corrections. This car's been part of my life for close to 40 years and is now fairly complete. I'm not used to it not being in the garage and being somewhere 30 mi away in a shop where I have no control. I'm not in a fetal position in the corner in my underwear quite yet but it wouldn't be the first time LOL

my name is Brian Okay to some it may not seem like that big a deal, but I had to take my 340 swinger to the paint shop for some corrections. This car's been part of my life for close to 40 years and is now fairly complete. I'm not used to it not being in the garage and being somewhere 30 mi away in a shop where I have no control. I'm not in a fetal position in the corner in my underwear quite yet but it wouldn't be the first time LOL
It will be ok (and so will you) Post up some pics to share your story.

It all started on Valentine's day 1978 in a used car lot near main Street in Springfield Oregon yes the home of The Simpsons and graveyard cars but I regress, a sublime 340 swinger caught my eye and I recognize it as being the one from my hometown a bit of a small town legend that was capable of speeds of over 140 mph. With the help of a little extra cash from my grandfather I was able to bring the car home with me probably one of the happiest days of the young man's life no doubt. It was all stock except for us slotted mags to drive that back to my hometown with a spoiler in the rear view blacked out hood and dual hood scoops and pins on the deck well it was my happy place for sure.

I can relate. Years ago I had my front suspension rebuilt by a great shop but it was in a real bad part of town. They had my car for a few days and I implored them to store the car in one of their bays overnight and not to park it out in their lot. I drove by each night to make sure it was inside. lol.

Open the next 10 years it went through high performance changes and wheel changes till it ended up like this in the late '80s where I never lost to a small block anything over those years believe it or not I'm sure they were out there I just didn't find them.

Screenshot_20210811-172739.png

I can relate. Years ago I had my front suspension rebuilt by a great shop but it was in a real bad part of town. They had my car for a few days and I implored them to store the car in one of their bays overnight and not to park it out in their lot. I drove by each night to make sure it was inside. lol.
When I made arrangements to have this resolved I called him an hour before delivering the car and the painter said I don't have any room in my base would it be okay if it sat out? My blood pressure spiked oh yeah sure his shop is in a warehouse surrounded by fields and other warehouses. No that's not going to happen.

Here is the power pack that I used to run in the 80s and early 90s with a 430 rear end gear ratio

Screenshot_20211019-094758.png

I'm sure it's in good hands. And not being groped by dirty exhaust addicted, over reving fiends that have no courage and honor in ownership. Only rape and pillage others....

(Ok, maybe im not helping here?)

I'm sure it's in good hands. And not being groped by dirty exhaust addicted, over reving fiends that have no courage and honor in ownership. Only rape and pillage others....

(Ok, maybe im not helping here?)
:rofl: Sorry, I should be more serious.

I always reaffirm my position when I mention that IF anything happens to my beloved, for $500 I can and will him him killed. OK, so it might cost more elsewhere. Still cheap and gets the point across. Also give them that sorta crazed Mel Gibson look.

What... (Ok, maybe im not helping here?)[/QUOTE What... I think I'm going to be sick excuse me:eek:

So the car kept its original paint and dings and scratches for the next 30 years as I tried to keep it up as well as I could. Finally last year I was able to pull the trigger on the body and paint work. All in all the work quality was good though it was 2 months late incompletion and not all discussed work was completed. But I just wanted my car back and could accept the work had been completed.

imagejpeg_0_01.jpg

imagejpeg_0_01.jpg

So after having the Glass tinted and the stripe installed I was happy with the overall car. No not a flawless show car but a super clean beautiful 340 swinger.

imagejpeg_1.jpg

Screenshot_20220301-152150.png

So about 4 months after accepting the car these little guys showed up. I touched them with highlighter too make them stand out. **** :mad:

IMG_20210920_165043170.jpg

Beautiful car.
From the story behind it, I can see why you're anxious.
Stop worrying, it'll be fine!

Actually classic cars do get alot more TLC. Their elderly, with attitude. More fun to work on. We have a pretty decent Midas (of all places) shop. I had a tough Hub pull and replacement on my Ram 3500. My modest garage doesn't have the muscle to even attempt. That Midas shop was the only local garage that would attempt. They got is done. Saying "We hope we don't have to do that again?" A year later I brought my GTX up for an alignment. The techs were fighting for that job.

Actually classic cars do get alot more TLC. Their elderly, with attitude. More fun to work on. We have a pretty decent Midas (of all places) shop. I had a tough Hub pull and replacement on my Ram 3500. My modest garage doesn't have the muscle to even attempt. That Midas shop was the only local garage that would attempt. They got is done. Saying "We hope we don't have to do that again?" A year later I brought my GTX up for an alignment. The techs were fighting for that job.
Elderly with attitude that's great! I guess it's 62 I feel like I'm too old now for I'll be your Huckleberry.. so elderly with attitude it is.

Sorry, I can't relate. After 5 years of work my Demon, and thousands of dollars, I am happy to see it out of here to another shop for paint. Don't care if it ever comes back.......Just these damn sub assemblies now:)

Sorry, I can't relate. After 5 years of work my Demon, and thousands of dollars, I am happy to see it out of here to another shop for paint. Don't care if it ever comes back.......Just these damn sub assemblies now:)
Okay no one can help us if we stay in our denial LOL

I can't tell what the "little guys" in you picture are???

What better support groups than a bunch of (mostly) men who like to bust balls and rub salt in wounds?? Why don't you just fly down here to Arizona and help out a guy with his six pack? Obviously you've got nothing else to do...
:poke::D

I can't tell what the "little guys" in you picture are???
So right now that's the $10,000 question. when I took the car to him yesterday he tried to say that it was rust, I agree it looks like rest but there's never been rust in that area before I think some contaminants got on there and he missed them but I don't know I'm welcome to anyone's ideas. depressed in that area is questionable there is a chip near there that wasn't completely feathered out so I'm not sure what happened.

What better support groups than a bunch of (mostly) men who like to bust balls and rub salt in wounds?? Why don't you just fly down here to Arizona and help out a guy with his six pack? Obviously you've got nothing else to do...
:poke::D
Nothing else to do, oh that's golden ! if you could convince my wife... Well let's just say I think I'm going to be a he b**** for the next week or so :wtf:

-
Back