shifter cable ID and replacement

-

dart65

Reaction score
Hi I recently found that my shifter cable seized up/melted due to headers, and then I kinked it. I have a 65 dart 273 with auto trans 904 I believe. Anyway attached are pics of the cable I removed from the console shifter to the transmission. I don’t know if this is a stock 65 transmission or later version. I heard that 65’s have dual cables or something. Any help in identifying this type of cable, or how to identify my years trans would be helpful. Also does anyone know where I can get a replacement cable and how to avoid burning it up in the future?

I can post pics of my trans or give further info as requested

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0284.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0285.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0286.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0287.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 67
I can't help you with a specific source, but in a town the size of LA there should be several industrial shops that make those kinds of control cables

Thanks for the quick response. What kind of shops in particular would I be looking for. Although I have some knowledge I am still rather new to working on these cars.

Not sure. I'd get the phone book and get into industrial related. PTO controls, hydraulics, winches, etc. Lots of large trucks and industrial equipment use push/ pull control cables. These are sometimes called "Bowden cables."

-
Back