Shifter Help

-

rcrobdog

Reaction score
This question has probably been asked before. So if someone can point me in the right direction.
I have recently just completed motor and trans and was wondering how other people are setting up the shifter and linkage. The trans has a full manual turbo action reverse pattern.
I would like to know what shifter works best on the 727 or ease of install I do not want to use the column shifter .Also this car was a roller and my first Mopar I have no idea how the shift linkage operated in the first place. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• SANY0109.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 139
I had looked at that one. Do you have any experience with those in a reverse pattern. I wonder if it comes with I think you would call it a shift arm bracket that engages the shifter on the trans. Please excuse my ignorance with part names.

I couldn't tell you if it comes with the shift selector or not as I bought mine used here on the board.

It does have everything to get to that point though. Very smooth, easy to use shifter.

It even has a button to use for a line lock if you install one, works great.

That looks sweet. Did you have a lot of cutting on the tunnel. Also how forgiving is placement considering it has a cable?

I forgot I ask only cause I would like to keep my bench seat so the little lady can sit next to me

No mods on the tunnel needed, just attatched it with small bolts, will need to drill a hole for the cable, the Cheetah can be used for either forward or rear exit cable depending on what configuration you need. Mine came with the car and was being used with a reverse pattern 727, I changed it over to a forward pattern Chevy trans, they stock and sell all the parts you need for whatever way you go with it. It comes with a nice heavy duty Morse cable that shouldnt give you any problems as long as it isnt laying up against a header. It is a very heavy duty shifter, have had zero probs with it.

Here it is in my car with a bench.

Attachments

• After .jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 115
Just FYI, the cover for the shifter is extra. You only get what's pictured in the Summit link I posted.

-
Back