Ship Carrying New Nissans on Fire in Pacific

-
Nissans are very common/popular in Mexico. I have never owned one.

My wife has a first year Rouge. While it is t hurtful to the eyes, it is a little lack luster. The one thing we hate is the transmission. On that note alone, I checked with a high school buddy of mine who is a A mechanic @ a Nissan dealer for many years now. He told me the rubber band transmission is horrible. They often give up the ghost very early. And that is what we have experienced ourselves.

This manufacturer is relatively popular here in NY as well.

That is my wife's opinion as well; but she don't know ugly from; old,wrinkled, stoopid and stinky,lol.

*Disclaimer*
Just for fun, shooting a fish in a bucket, nothing more, just had to pull the trigger...
nothing personal...

“That explains why she’s with you...”

LMAO!
But seriously though, I think most of them are on the ugly side. Then again, most new cars are. A big lack of creativity IMO.

I hope the crew is OK.
The company doesn’t really give a crap about the cars. It’s the human life that counts. Paying for there life’s after the courts are done is the kick in the side. Maybe not the money side of things, but aghhhh You all know what I mean.

Don't worry about it. To him anything that isn't a 70 or 71 340 Duster is a piece of ****.
He may have been referring to the shipload of cars though...........

Yes,was referring to the foreign junk..as for Mopar I prefer '72 and down just about ALL models..sorry to hear about those that lost their lives though..

You haven't lived until experiencing a fire on a submarine while underway.
you cant just crank a window to let the water in to put the fire out ?

that has got to be the worst part of this, to know that there is plenty of water to put it out, yet no survivable way to get it in the boat

you cant just crank a window to let the water in to put the fire out ?

that has got to be the worst part of this, to know that there is plenty of water to put it out, yet no survivable way to get it in the boat

You could, but it's called sinking:lol:

We had fire hoses, CO2, and AFFF to put fires out, however breathing air was more of a concern.

Yes,was referring to the foreign junk..as for Mopar I prefer '72 and down just about ALL models..sorry to hear about those that lost their lives though..
Mopar wise 74 and below on the b & e bodies and 76 and below for the a bodies for me.

Last edited:
The one thing we hate is the transmission. On that note alone, I checked with a high school buddy of mine who is a A mechanic @ a Nissan dealer for many years now. He told me the rubber band transmission is horrible. They often give up the ghost very early. And that is what we have experienced ourselves.
I just changed a cvt transmission on a '15 Rogue last week, was making a noise like a ring a pinion not set up right. Only had about 65K miles on it. Good thing the customer had a warranty on it because it was quite spendy.

You haven't lived until experiencing a fire on a submarine while underway.
Never been in the service. I can’t if imagine that. I wouldn’t want to be in a sub at all. I am very claustrophobic. Plus I am not a people person

Never been in the service. I can’t if imagine that. I wouldn’t want to be in a sub at all. I am very claustrophobic. Plus I am not a people person

Fires bite, but being on boats isn't bad. We've had some people decide they didn't want to be on board while underway and try to leave while submerged, the Doc would pay them a visit:realcrazy:

-
Back