Ship Carrying New Nissans on Fire in Pacific

-
Great, now we have to watch out for thousands of "burnt" salvage titled vehicles selling in all our car lots!!

I kindof like the looks of the Jukes tho.......

i cant stand them, ugly as billary
you know how they came up with the name, juke right?

half the people they showed it to thought it was a bad joke, the other half couldnt help but puke, so they mixed the two and came up with juke

I worked in the port in Washington State and unloaded the cars off ships like that and also did the body and paint work on the new cars that were damaged.
That was from 1987 till 2000 I think. I had the most fun driving the cars around. Mitsubishi 3000 GTs, Mazda RX7s and just about every import but Europe. They would not let a car that needed much welding mostly on frames be saved. SOOOO we would take the gas tank out blow the air bags and send them to be destroyed and ground up into tiny pieces.
BUT the most fun was getting them ready to be destroyed we would smash in to each other and let the engine run with no oil and run the RPM as high as it would go and believe me it took a long time to blow an engine. Hard to believe but the Kias would keep running and don't think I ever blew or sized one up. The first generation air bags were scary to blow mostly the passenger side it almost ripped the windshields out of the cars.
Not just a hand full of cars being destroyed in the time I was there the most I can remember doing off one ship load was 60 cars.
It was a shame to destroy so many cars but some one had to do it. lol

Sorry I bothered you stroked340 not my intention but would be better if you had a little common courtesy for a fellow mopar lover.

Don't worry about it. To him anything that isn't a 70 or 71 340 Duster is a piece of ****.
He may have been referring to the shipload of cars though...........

Don't worry about it. To him anything that isn't a 70 or 71 340 Duster is a piece of ****.
He may have been referring to the shipload of cars though...........
Thanks gdrill not wanting to cause a fight Just don't know everyone here and I do get to be a hot head at times. Sorry guys.

It's really great you can find such joy in other people's misfortunes
How so? The Altima's are insured. And the people who watch their 52 inch tv's while eating off their EBT cards and making baby after baby while not caring about bills, well, no, I'm not sorry they may have to buy a used Hyundai.

And everyone has ignored that 5 crew members died as a result of the fire on the ship and their bodies haven’t been recovered.

They're japaneese cars, maybe they all just decided to commit suicide instead of facing American competition.

Not true. I read that in further news elsewhere. 4 unresponsive bodies were not recovered. 1 was never seen. That's what I found when I researched.

And I still wonder if they were electric cars and that was the cause of the fire.

Not true. I read that in further news elsewhere. 4 unresponsive bodies were not recovered. 1 was never seen. That's what I found when I researched.

And I still wonder if they were electric cars and that was the cause of the fire.
When I worked at the port The new cars had just enough gas to get them on the ship and back off and maybe a few more miles. Your probably right short out a battery and everything starts to melt.

How so? The Altima's are insured. And the people who watch their 52 inch tv's while eating off their EBT cards and making baby after baby while not caring about bills, well, no, I'm not sorry they may have to buy a used Hyundai.

Right because everybody who isn't as wealthy as you deserves it right?

Last edited by a moderator:
-
Back