shipping bigger parts ??

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
FedEx ground for heads. It's cheaper than UPS/USPS, but insure it and take pics before shipping. They actually broke a crankshaft I sent, now that is hard to do!!! Paid insured amount after about 3 weeks. Worked out for me and the buyer, small hassle but no one lost money, 'cept FedEx.

I sent a driveshaft through USPS. I wrapped it in bubble wrap and plastic wrap and carried it in. Big and long and odd shaped and it cost like $18 to ship across the country. I love USPS.

Ha ha, maybe that's why they lose a ton of money every year. Like over $5 billion in 2011.

I've worked in the shipping industry for 13 years, and used the shipping industry in my work for 7 years before that. I would say that no matter what carrier you use, the most important thing when shipping almost anything is to package your goods proplerly.

Also, no matter how fragile your shipment is, it's not a good idea to note on the package that it's fragile. That just tells the people that work for the transportation companies that's the shipment they should beat to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back