shipping fenders?

-

MI_Mopar

Reaction score
hi guys, sold some fenders to another A-body member, whats the best/cheapest way to ship them? never done this before. thanks.

hi guys, sold some fenders to another A-body member, whats the best/cheapest way to ship them? never done this before. thanks.

Pack em up really good in strong shipping boxes with a lot of padding and use either an over the road trucking company Ex: Yellow Freight or you could always use Greyhound. I never have used Greyhound but have heard that they will ship bulk Items for low cost. I believe that the person receiving the item has to pick them up at a Greyhound Depot.

Last ones I whipped was about 3 years ago and I used FEDEX ground. Wrapped in bubblewrap and shrink wrap over it.

go greyhound-- the buyer will have to pick up at a bus station. they are the most cost effective way to ship large items.

Greyhound is the cheapest way to ship. Just avoid shipping around holidays as they will bump a package for a passengers luggage

I would consider Greyhound. Never shipped a fender, but checked on shipping a set of looong tube headers. UPS wanted almost $150 ground (oversize box), Greyhound was just over $40.

I shipped greyhound but you better protect the fenders well. I had a fender shipped from the west coast to the east coast and it changed buses 6 times. So thats six times someone is moving the box. Reinforce the inside of the box with 1x2 cross pieces and screw them to the box from the outside. My fender came perfect.[thanks Russ]

I had a guy ship me a rear quarter panel once. All he did was use a big fat permanent marker to write my address on the side like it was a big envelope (no packaging at all). I'm surprized they even mailed it and I was amazed it made it safe and sound. I was kind of pissed that he never did anything to protect it but I couldn't really compalin since it was not damaged.

Greyhound, excellent for big stuff, about a buck a pound. TRanscontinental in 5 days! Pick up at depot obviously. I like! Cylinder heads were cheaper FedEx.

I shipped greyhound but you better protect the fenders well. I had a fender shipped from the west coast to the east coast and it changed buses 6 times. So thats six times someone is moving the box. Reinforce the inside of the box with 1x2 cross pieces and screw them to the box from the outside. My fender came perfect.[thanks Russ]

I'd prefer someone pick it up and move it rather than the risk of treatment on a conveyor belt system via fedex./ups.

I've shipped fenders like the one posters 1/4 panel via greyhound. Wrote recipients name on the fender in a couple places and away it went. Got there undamaged.

I've never used Greyhound for shipping anything, but can recommend this guy:

Tyler Sheff
FairPricedShipping.com
888-762-7158 (Ext. 701)

He or his wife Jill will respond to the "Contact Us" tab on the website but you'll get a quicker quote if you just call the toll-free number.

Great prices, wonderful customer service, they prepare all the paperwork, and it's quick too. You just need to have a loading dock / terminal (like a lumber yard) at both ends of the shipment.

check this out, I went to ship through UPS/FEDEX and DHL and the cheapest i could find to Canada was over $300! any suggestions?

See my post above yours. I shipped a very heavy (+/- 500 lb.) narrowed Dana 60 with Strange components to a FABO member from northwest Tennessee to Red Deer, Alberta, Canada. It cost him $250, got there in just a few days, and Tyler took care of all the customs paperwork.

See my post above yours. I shipped a very heavy (+/- 500 lb.) narrowed Dana 60 with Strange components to a FABO member from northwest Tennessee to Red Deer, Alberta, Canada. It cost him $250, got there in just a few days, and Tyler took care of all the customs paperwork.

i called them they were just as high to ship.

-
Back