Shock me..

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for front / rear shocks.. 72 Demon daily driver.

Thanks..!

Bilsteins are really good, not cheap but they ride good, handle good & they keep doing it, I have them on five cars, they don't fail in 30K miles like many brands on the market.. They are worth the price...

Bilsteins are really good, not cheap but they ride good, handle good & they keep doing it, I have them on five cars, they don't fail in 30K miles like many brands on the market.. They are worth the price...
They are pricey, for sure.. I guess I'm in the budget driver range..Monroe, KYB...etc...

anything but KYB.

top of the line monroe, gabriels or sachs are okay for drivers that have stock springs/t-bars.

I've had great luck with NOS Monroe regular hydraulic (non gas charged) shocks.

I’ve got the silver as seen “everywhere” kyb on my 66 barracuda and the ride is good. The fit works and they look factory. Trying to find any shocks that are “awesome” and not made in CHY-nA is tough.
NOS shocks are sadly still 50+years old now. Let us know what you pick please.

Cheap monroes for me.... my cars a street car and i don't like a hard/harsh ride.

Save your money and buy a nice, double adjustable shock.

Buy once, cry once.
He's doing a daily driver that isn't gonna see the track, why get expensive adjustable shocks for a daily driver?

He's doing a daily driver that isn't gonna see the track, why get expensive adjustable shocks for a daily driver?

Because they are adjustable. He wants a nice ride. You can’t possibly get a nice, tuned ride if you can’t adjust the shocks.

Would you buy a carb that you can’t change the jets on?

Same thing.

I’ve got the silver as seen “everywhere” kyb on my 66 barracuda and the ride is good. The fit works and they look factory. Trying to find any shocks that are “awesome” and not made in CHY-nA is tough.
NOS shocks are sadly still 50+years old now. Let us know what you pick please.
Are those gas shocks..?

-
Back