Shock Recomendation for 72 Demon 340

-

Mr.FT

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace the shocks on my 72 Demon 340 and was hoping I could get some recommendations on witch ones to look at. I only drive it to cruse nights and shows, and around town.

Thanks

Good socks would be Bilstein or kyb, eddy shocks dont impress me and actually cavitate/foam while the bilsteins do not, which is why 'for less money/same, id rather have a kyb over the more $$ eddy.jmo

a lesser shock would be like monroe/gabriel.

KYB Gas-A-Just shocks gave a nice firm but not harsh ride on my Duster as an upgrade from stock, without replacing the torsion bars or leaf springs. You can get sets for the $120-140 range for all four shocks.

From your description, go with standard Monroe gas shocks or for a little firmer ride the KYB's. You don't need anything more expensive than those. I might use KYB's on my Barracuda convertible, but more likely I'll go standard gas shocks like we have on my son's Dart (both cars have 440s and .890" torsion bars and factory big block sway bars).

kyboutlet.com has the set of 4 for $147 (free shipping), at least for a '73 Duster. Shipping was free and pretty quick I thought. Don't know if that's the best price, I bought there because I was getting the Just Suspension torsion bars as well.

If you buy from there, you should be able to get 5% or more discount with a code. They post them on the "Just Suspension" facebook page. If it turns out to be the cheapest and you can't see the facebook, PM me and I can look up what the current coupon codes are.

-
Back