shocks for the street kyb or bilistein or qa1 or??

-

chubsgts

Reaction score
gonna go with some new shocks car just a driver not a corner carver

what kinda shocks would be good on the car ride quality handling so fourth

kybs are like 130$ for four
or you start talking 400 a set and i dont know if i would see any gain from those for what i use them for

so what do you think

I have Monroe on GT that rides 10 times better than KYB's on GTS

GTS Viper?

I have the KYBs on my Magnum, not bad, upgraded street shock, a little stiffer than stock.

We have KYB's on my son's Barracuda. I don't think the ride is objectionable, but then again I don't think the 1.14" torsion bars are too stiff, either. My son's Dart convertible has .890" torsion bars with a factory big block sway bar. The shocks are standard issue Monroe (or equivalent, I just can't remember) gas shocks with Okie coilovers in the rear because the old leaf springs were not up to the task. The car rides and handles just fine. I'm planning on similar shocks for my Barracuda convertible and for the GTS convertible when we get to that.

On my street-driver slant-6 A-bodies, I used to like KYBs. Then I tried Edelbrock IASs. Now I like Edelbrock IASs!

so monroe or Edelbrock

Edelbrock they make intakes and carbs now shocks two cant be leave there better then others who just build shocks lol

for what its worth, mine runs koni reds, plenty happy with these. lots of guys use them here in aust abodies. another to consider are rancho rs5000 - yep a 4WD shock but apparently work really well in valiant, don't know where you'd get them from in the US.

http://www.4wd1.com/Valiant-Shock-Absorbers.htm

I had KYB shocks all the way around my BB Duster. I didn't care for them. I changed the rear shocks our for a set of Rancho rs5000. Freaking love them. Still have the KYB shocks up front but I am planning on changing them in the near future.

I won't settle for a non-gas shock. The pressurized shock reduces aeration of the damping fluid. This in turn provides a more uniform response over a larger range of high temperatures.

The 72 Demon has Monroe Gasmatics and the 73 Dart 4-door has Delco Pleasurizers (gas shock). The Monroes suit the raucous nature of the Demon, which is stiffly sprung and set up for canyon carving. The Delcos provide a pleasant, well-controlled ride on stock springs. They provide a well-controlled weight transfer when the car is stuffed into a decreasing radius corner (such as a freeway off-ramp).

I drive a lot of high-end metal, so I'm not going to tell you that either of these shocks is going to make your live axle A-body ride like an IRS German import. If you hit a sharp bump, the car is still going to want to hop sideways. But either set will settle the car down nicely and keep you in control.

I Like the KYB gas adjusts but they are a bit stiff. Which i don't mind but doesn't sound like your cup of tea. On the other hand I feel like the Monroe shocks give less harsh ride but don't handle as well.

Also it seems everyone is recommending fancy high dollar shocks for you. For what you described i think some sort over the counter factory replacement is up your alley Not some high dollar race shock (unless you enjoy wasting money).

yea i dont need 600 in shocks to drive a car to the corner meet
like 300 400 maybe

i just put the Classic Eldebrock ias on my 62 lancer about 75 bucks each for front end.
and it is amazing the feel in the steering wheel and ride ,plus they look cool as hell upside down with classic logo facing out.
going to buy the rear set next weekend and consider tire change.

so monroe or Edelbrock

Edelbrock they make intakes and carbs now shocks two cant be leave there better then others who just build shocks lol
they are a corporation with many eggs in their basket
all separate divisions and factories

none yet im still building i just thru the ones i had back on till i can drive the car and make a call

Any part #s on the Rancho RS5000 or the Edelbrock IAS for front and rear. so I do get the wrong shock - has to be better than what I have. especially the rear

my cars shocks need an upgrade all around, it feels like a lowrider with is not good

Just gonna throw it out there. Edelbrock has discontinued shocks in general which is why the SummitRacing deal was going on.

On my street-driver slant-6 A-bodies, I used to like KYBs. Then I tried Edelbrock IASs. Now I like Edelbrock IASs!

kyb are good for corner cutters and such they dont offer much for comfort.,if you are just looking for a daily driver shock,get a cheap monroe or such.been there and done that

-
Back