Shooters that vaporize fuel

-
What's a heavy race track? I'm sure they're all heavy with all that dirt and asphalt.
I suppose your right. lol. In dirt circle track racing a heavy race track is when a track is transitioning from muddy and slick to muddy with a lot of traction. The kind of track that really pulls all the horsepower you have out of the motor. Run in the corner hard as you can then back on the gas hard. The opposite of a dry slick track.

I suppose your right. lol. In dirt circle track racing a heavy race track is when a track is transitioning from muddy and slick to muddy with a lot of traction. The kind of track that really pulls all the horsepower you have out of the motor. Run in the corner hard as you can then back on the gas hard. The opposite of a dry slick track.
We just called that sticky.

Moparofficial,
Post #12.
Sorry you found my explanation 'irritating'. Funny, nobody else complained.....or found it irritating. What specifically was 'irritating'?
To answer your question about plugging the air bleed. Solid fuel will flow; at a greater rate because there is no atmospheric air to weaken the signal; out of the discharge port, but will not stop as the throttle is opened because it is now siphoning. It may/may not idle depending on mixture screw setting etc.
If your aim was to compare idle to acc pump action you are forgetting two important things:
- in the carbs being discussed, acc pump shooter nozzles are always above fuel level. Idle jet is below fuel level & is therefore subject to siphoning.
- acc pump ccts have a check valve under the nozzle to prevent pullover.

-
Back