Shooting in Aurora Colorado

-
Thoughts and prayers to the injured and those left behind.

G-D bless the police and EMTs for once again running into the teeth of a deadly situation to give aid to those in need. -LY

I second that. God bless them. It's times like this I don't envy them.

In the name of Jesus Christ, I pray for the victims and their families.

So it's the parents fault? What about all the teenagers there for a midnight movie? The dead and wounded range from 40+ to 3 months old. What do you know of thier upbringing? Do you have some Godlike insight from where you sit?

No, I do not have Godlike insight but I do have parenting skills. So Yes, its the parents fault for bringing/letting their under age ( 18 ) child into/go see movie at midnight. Really midnight?! Its a movie, let me repeat that just in case you missed that part, its a movie. Sorry no matter how you try to spin it, there is no reason for a parent (minus a complete lack of parental skills/piss poor parenting) to bring their children to go see a movie at midnight. A movie doesn't carry the same weight as say Grandpa just is at the hospital, just had a heart attack and isn't expected to live. In that case you get little Tom, Dick, and Harry up to go the hospital and Grandpa, not a movie.
Is it sad what happened, Yes. Do I feel sorry for the victims,Yes. But common sense was lacking for some in this case.

My heartfelt prayers go out to the families of the victims in this senseless travesty of human perversion. There is no punishment that would be fitting for this monster, and our judicial system will certainly not come close to providing a proper punishment.
How many of these attrocities will it take before society sees and begins to come to grips with the causes? These types of events were virtually unheard of 40,50 plus years ago. People did not settle grievences in this manor back then, and there were certainly far more guns around years ago. These types of extreme random violence are occurring in places where there are very strict gun control to places with little gun control without any pattern. There is something far deeper at work here than the instruments being used. It is part of the complete moral decay that has been occuring at an accelerated pace over the past 20 odd years.

. Sorry no matter how you try to spin it, there is no reason for a parent (minus a complete lack of parental skills/piss poor parenting) to bring their children to go see a movie at midnight.

So I'm a bad parent for bringing my kids to a midnight movie to see it on opening day???

What's wrong with a kid being excited over Batman and wanting to go see the movie on opening night???
Oh yeah, they should have been home running the streets, taking drugs and gangbanging... Excuse me!!!

So I'm a bad parent for bringing my kids to a midnight movie to see it on opening day???

I personally dont pass judgement much, but even I question the need to take kids to a midnight movie.. when I was growing up there was no way my parents would've ever considered having us up (not to mention out) that late for any movie.. now, me, I could see taking my early teenage kids (if I still had them.. they're grown) or even late preteen... maybe... but a 3 month old? I mean come on.. really? why would anyone take an infant to a movie... at midnight to boot.... but all of that is completely off topic anyways... a senseless tragedy has happened.. and humanity takes yet another black eye.. prayers for the families of all those affected

Rest assured people there will be many more situations just like this.
Its not going away. They are called active shooters.

People thought it was a stunt? What movies have live stunts that is not at universal studios?

I personally dont pass judgement much, but even I question the need to take kids to a midnight movie.. when I was growing up there was no way my parents would've ever considered having us up (not to mention out) that late for any movie.. now, me, I could see taking my early teenage kids (if I still had them.. they're grown) or even late preteen... maybe... but a 3 month old? I mean come on.. really? why would anyone take an infant to a movie... at midnight to boot.... but all of that is completely off topic anyways... a senseless tragedy has happened.. and humanity takes yet another black eye.. prayers for the families of all those affected

Yeah, I agree a three month old shouldn't have been at the movies.

But as far as the teenagers go, there's nothing wrong with that. I took my boys and four of their friends to see the 5th Fast and Furious movie when it came out at the midnight show. My youngest was 13 then and his older brother and his friends were 19. I was with them. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Yeah, I agree a three month old shouldn't have been at the movies.

But as far as the teenagers go, there's nothing wrong with that. I took my boys and four of their friends to see the 5th Fast and Furious movie when it came out at the midnight show. My youngest was 13 then and his older brother and his friends were 19. I was with them. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Like I said, despite my upbringing, parents taking their teenagers doesnt really bother me.. I can see that... it was the 3 month old that blew my mind

Like I said, despite my upbringing, parents taking their teenagers doesnt really bother me.. I can see that... it was the 3 month old that blew my mind

So it's the parents fault that some overeducated useless meatsack went nuts and started shooting at a movie theatre? The parents should be procescuted? Holy crap, THIS is the problem with society. It's not the shooter, it's that they were there at all! Holy Crap! I'm just freakin' astounded...... :violent1:

BTW, by Presidential Order, all US flags shall be flown at half staff until Sunset, July 25th.

TMW_Guns.jpg

Thank you Dan, your compassion is much appreciated here in Colorado. I hope that you recieve as much support for whatever your plight might be as you've shown here during this tragedy.
:banghead: apparently there is a reason for you being a second class citizen here in the States. I treat all as an equal until shown otherwise via empirical expericence, but I do not allow my government to "Make" us equal.

Today on the way to one of my job sites I saw a man, really a boy, with no foot. His right foot and leg was gone about halfway below the knee. In light of the news I wanted to do something cool.... So there I was at the ramp from I-25 to Colorado Blvd. and I looked in my wallet.... All I had was a ten.. I thought for a moment and called him over and I gave him that ten dammit. I had to do something to make something at least a little right in the world.

Mr. Dan, what did you do for a stranger today?

After reading through this thread, I have to post.....
This is just what it is, an absolute tragedy. It really doesn't matter whether the ones killed were 3 months or 95 years. It doesn't matter that it was midnight, it could have happened at a noon matinee. It had nothing to do with gun laws, they are available to criminals and law abiding citizens alike. It is purely the result of an individual with serious problems. He could have gone to a library.

God bless the people and families affected and help them get through this with the strength and support of all who truly value freedom.

As much as I would love to get in line to get a few good hits on this guy... At times like this we forget about what makes this country different from others. Such as innocent until proven guilty... we are quick to judge people based on the court system I like to call the media. This is why we have a judicial system set up, if we started to hang this guy in the town square and take pieces out of him, it makes us no better than say middle eastern countries for example. Remember the whole Gaddafi ordeal? Some trial that guy got. A civilized country can not be brought to their knees by acts of violence or terrorism. Any one else ready to have metal detectors and body searches next time you go see a movie? I for one will not let this act of violence scare me from living my life, and I sure as hell don't wish to give up my rights (hello patriot act, different topic for discussion) for a false sense of "protection". My thoughts go out to all the victims and their families. We must mourn and move on, yet never forget.

As for the ignoramuses that will try to twist words, and there will be a few, please, make my day.

As much as I would love to get in line to get a few good hits on this guy... At times like this we forget about what makes this country different from others. Such as innocent until proven guilty... we are quick to judge people based on the court system I like to call the media. This is why we have a judicial system set up, if we started to hang this guy in the town square and take pieces out of him, it makes us no better than say middle eastern countries for example. Remember the whole Gaddafi ordeal? Some trial that guy got. A civilized country can not be brought to their knees by acts of violence or terrorism. Any one else ready to have metal detectors and body searches next time you go see a movie? I for one will not let this act of violence scare me from living my life, and I sure as hell don't wish to give up my rights (hello patriot act, different topic for discussion) for a false sense of "protection". My thoughts go out to all the victims and their families. We must mourn and move on, yet never forget.

As for the ignoramuses that will try to twist words, and there will be a few, please, make my day.

Well said! Still trying to figure out how to do half mast on my porch flag mast. It's the very least I can do.

Well done Ram, I did the same, first thing in the AM, I'll do both of my firehouses...

As for the kids bein out late,...never happen in my house, hell I never saw the sun set in the summer till I was 10,...

Out at midnite???for a MOVIE???that will be released on DVD in a month???...on a weeknite??? Really???????

The shooter was caught, without a fight at the scene,...some people just need to be killed, period.

So it's the parents fault that some overeducated useless meatsack went nuts and started shooting at a movie theatre? The parents should be procescuted? Holy crap, THIS is the problem with society. It's not the shooter, it's that they were there at all! Holy Crap! I'm just freakin' astounded...... :violent1:

Dude, did you actually read any of what I wrote? I was initially responding to post 105, about what had become the side topic of taking kids to a movie at midnight... Notice I said side topic, NEVER once did I say that parents were at fault for some nutcase to pick that night and that theater to open fire on.. So step down off the high horse and dont try including me in the thought that I think parents who take kids to movies at midnight are asking to get shot by nutjobs... It was my belief as a parent that 3 month olds have no place in a movie theater at midnight.. period... not that it was there fault they got shot because of that.... also notice in post 106 I clearly mention that that whole topic was OFF SUBJECT, and I got back on subject by sending condelences and prayers to the families of the victims...

When people ask me why I carry a handgun, this is one of the many reasons I will cite. Will something like this ever happen to me? Probably not, but it happened to others. It is better to have a gun and never need it than to need it and not have one.

And Slantsixdan, you have lost all my respect. You make this about guns instead of the tragedy it is. I want nothing to do with you. Please have nothing to do with me.

i personally dont pass judgement much, but even i question the need to take kids to a midnight movie.. When i was growing up there was no way my parents would've ever considered having us up (not to mention out) that late for any movie.. Now, me, i could see taking my early teenage kids (if i still had them.. They're grown) or even late preteen... Maybe... But a 3 month old? I mean come on.. Really? Why would anyone take an infant to a movie... At midnight to boot.... But all of that is completely off topic anyways... A senseless tragedy has happened.. And humanity takes yet another black eye.. Prayers for the families of all those affected

x2

Yes its a tragedy and a massacre...BUT..We average over 50 homicides a day in the United States...Just saying..Its a drop in the bucket, doesnt lessen this tragedy but in the big picture. I feel sorry for the other victims daily who get no news coverage, there deaths arent as important I guess.

My prayers go out for the families involved in this horrible tragedy. This is nothing short of terrorism.
Liberals such as /6 fail to realize most violent crimes are commited with illeagally obtained weapons. Consider how many more incidents like this dont happen in countries with rights to bear arms vs countries that don't. Terrorism happens in those countries on a daily basis.

First, my condolences to the victims and families affected by this pointless act of aggression.

In Canada, I bump into quite a few aggressive dimwits on a daily basis. Luckily for me, by law, they cannot carry a gun. Now, I understand how easy it is to procure guns in the mighty U.S. and realize there are just as many aggressive dimwits down there, as there are in Canada. I think you know where I'm going with this... Aggressive dimwits with guns = a dangerous place to live, regardless of how much of a 'super-hero' these gun toting cowboys think they would be, under a barrage of fully automatic gunfire, in a smoke filled room.

It's not a video game. Slantsixdan is simplifying things in his accurate portrayal of an argument between two sides of a **** coloured coin.

-
Back