Shop got broken into

-

dartcuda

Mopar Or No Car
Reaction score
My buddy calls me up the other morning to let me know someone cut the lock to the shop. I got down there yesterday to check out the loss.....Well they got 2 mig welders, cut the leads off both of our arc welders, a saw all, my new weed eater I just got so we could cut down all the briars, a small rototiller that my buddy just bought in a garage sale, we never even got to use it....And the carb off my Dart. This is just getting kind of old, last time they took all of the radiators we had down there, which was around 20-25, and most of them being early a body ones...

That really sucks, I HATE A THIEF!!!

Big thing around here is cat converters, on place had 25 cut off in one night, three shops up they got 5. Shoot them on site, I say.

check around people will be trying to unload stuff, there will be some word on the street. Your a target now every so often they are going to come around. Next time fix them good, but hurt them bad before you call the law!

What the **** is up with the theft rate?????????
This is like the 3rd or 4th occurrence I've heard here so far.
If any pos thief is reading this ****you It's gonna come back to you 10 fold!

While it would be entertaining to watch a dog chew up some thieving Ahole, a 12 Ga. would put a stop to it.

Son's of bitches! Too bad booby traps are illegal. I hope you recover the mig welders and carb at least if not everything. I can't beleive they cut the cables off the arc welders. Dirt bags.

Just the fact that they had their grubby hands on my vehicle would send me over the edge. Assholes.

They're after the copper. Thats why they cut the welder cables. They can cash-in scrap and no questions asked. It's a wonder they didn't take the wiring out of the walls. I hate thieves!
toolmanmike

What me to come down there with some friends? We can "ask some questions" around town and find out who did it. FYI, Im the little one in the group at 6' 2" 300 and Im the nicest too! :)

they broke in my garage the first of the year and got me for$15000 in tools,
the cops asked if I had any questions, I asked how much trouble I was going to get in for killing the assholes8) they told me they didn't want to hear that kinda talk:angry7:

They're after the copper. Thats why they cut the welder cables. They can cash-in scrap and no questions asked. It's a wonder they didn't take the wiring out of the walls. I hate thieves!
toolmanmike

Yep! They love to take stuff to the scrap yards. Drugs (meth, crack) and the economy is the major factor for seeing more thefts. I talked to a heating and air man and he told me they was installing a new AC/Heat system on a big house. They installed the condenser that sits outside and went side to turn it on to check it out. The AC was working fine and they was just walking room to room checking out everything and all the sudden the system quit cooling and was just blowing warm air. They walked around the house and saw a pick up truck tearing off down the road with the brand new condenser in the back. They have copper inside them. There are churches in my area that can't keep the condensers.
Not to long ago I was listening to my police scanner and heard two guys was stealing cat converters off of cars from a car lot down the road. I looked out my back window and one of them was running wide open through my neighbors yard. There was law everywhere. They caught one but the dogs didn't find the other one. They lost the trail in the middle of a road so someone picked him up. The law said that drugs have gotten bad. It used to be mainly crack but the meth is pushed it out of the way. He has seen grannies strung out on meth. He couldn't believe it.

Sorry to hear about this man, it sucks. I had about $600 worth of stuff stolen from my car and had someone try and brake into my shed a few months back.

It seems like people are getting too lazy to work as well as the economy going in the crapper. I've got a friend who works for the railroad around here, he said a while back someone took down 8 miles of their signal/switch wire in two hours just for the copper.

I guess all you can do is insure the crap out of everything and watch it like a hawk. I've got 800 watts of outdoor lighting and cameras put up around here now and a rifle beside the door.........let's see who's brave now. :D

My friends backyard shed was broken into last Tuesday, thieves took his air compressor, mitre saw, gas leaf blower, and cordless drill. This happened just after dark and before 9 p.m.. His neighbor was victimized too and lost a pressure washer and two tanks of gasoline. Crime is up 13% in our area.

He has seen grannies strung out on meth. He couldn't believe it.

My friend has an electrical company, and was at the whole saler buying rolls of wire. The van was unlocked, but the doors were shut. He came outside to see the back door of the van open, and an old woman loading a brand new roll of 3 wire into the back of her car and then speeding away. :angry7:

Anyways, really sorry to hear about that man. Ask around, I'm sure some information will turn up. And check the pawn shops.

Sorry for your loss. I know how if feels to be robbed. Nothing lower than a damn thief!

A great (and easy) way to lock a garage door -esp at the house- is to drill a hole thru the roller channel on each track and run a padlock thru the hole.
Having the frickin loudest alarm that you can find also helps.
A friend of mine has a huge garage for his trucks next to his house and he uses the padlock deal along with alarms wired to all doors. It is powered by 4 truck batterys hooked up to of all things-2 100 watts sirens off 2 ambulances.
The door switches are run thru the tops of the doors, all wiring is totally hidden and the batteries and sirens are up in the attic.
Of course, with 150 db of screaming sirens will wake up the dead and all you want to do is get out. A few years ago some scumbag tried to break in by backing a pickup thru one big door. The front bumper of one truck stopped him about one foot in and the alarms woke up the dead. My friend, carrying a Glock and a pump shotgun, and accompanied by his 2 Dobies, tried to persaude the SOB to stay put. Stupid tried to run and the puppies got a little exercise.
160 some stiches later, the perp went to jail. Of course, the perp tried to sue him.

I had some worthless pieco'crap break into my house a few weeks ago.

Came in thru an old storm window, the old aluminum frame type,
that the windows and screens slide up/down.

They took all the loose change piled up on the dining room table,
{prob about $20.00 worth, tho they left the pennies}
and also took my digital camera.

I was glad I had downloaded the car cruise pictures the night before.

Now I am really glad I got the photos saved;
at that car cruise is the last time I saw Larry Pauly,
{ I knew him for near 30 years}
he died a week ago today. :(

The Police Officer that came, said "you have to make it harder for them to get in the house, the old "Triple track storms" are useless for security."

Pics, old storm windows, new real window and Larry at a local Car Cruise.

What can I add here? I was burglarized last summer to the tune of $14,000.00 worth of stuff. they busted out a window and used my tools to dismantle my deadbolts from inside the house. Turned out to by my neighbors son that set it all up. Wonderful. I am still trying to settle with my insuance company. Replacement value coverage - BS!
Later,
Bruce "B.

Thanks guys, and sorry to hear some of you have been hit too...Theft is on the rise here too, and with scrape price going up the way they are we have had a lot of cooper wire stole in my area. The word is there is a band of people who are going around the state and hitting place.....I think they plan it out and hit when they know it is safe and they will have some time to get what they want. I took some pictures of the path they took. What they did was parked over at the school behind the shop, came through the garden area, tore boards off the fence we have around the shop and cars, then came around to the front door and cut the lock.Once inside they went through everything, still finding more stuff missing. They then took the bolts out of the chains we have on the big doors that we use to lock them... Tehy even used my buddys wheel barral to transfer everything back to the school to their car.My DArt is outside in a portable garage to the left in the pic of all the cars....It doesn't seem that they touched the Cuda wich is right next to the dart in it's own portable garage...

Dang you got a Mopar gold mine don't you! LOL!

There is not a lot of houses or buildings around there so the chance of someone seeing the thieves is slim. A couple of dogs probably be a real good idea.

check the local scrapyard to see your pile of radiators and maybe get a lead to who brought them in,do your own footwork and find the thieves and the proof then go to the cops,good luck sorry about the bad news

Thanks guys, and sorry to hear some of you have been hit too...Theft is on the rise here too, and with scrape price going up the way they are we have had a lot of cooper wire stole in my area. The word is there is a band of people who are going around the state and hitting place.....I think they plan it out and hit when they know it is safe and they will have some time to get what they want. I took some pictures of the path they took. What they did was parked over at the school behind the shop, came through the garden area, tore boards off the fence we have around the shop and cars, then came around to the front door and cut the lock.Once inside they went through everything, still finding more stuff missing. They then took the bolts out of the chains we have on the big doors that we use to lock them... Tehy even used my buddys wheel barral to transfer everything back to the school to their car.My DArt is outside in a portable garage to the left in the pic of all the cars....It doesn't seem that they touched the Cuda wich is right next to the dart in it's own portable garage...

Clean that place up, cut the brush out, move the cars in neat rows with lots of spacing around so that it's hard to hide behind any one of them and put up some lights and motion lights. You can also buy at harbor freight some cheap cameras, and motion alarms. If you hook up a few like you would have at the end of your driveway with the reflector beams going different ways, then hook the loud end to a siren, even a cat will set off the audible outside alarm and scare them off. I'll bet you can build your own system there for less than $500. It will be crude but effective. Another option is to plant Osage Orange trees around the fence line if they will grow in your area. Keep them to the ground every early spring and they will grow about 12 feet a year with long green branches out of the ground that have 1 inch stiff thorns on them. Farmers use them for natural fence line to keep cattle in an area. They are brutal.
Around here the scrap theft isn't as bad, but it does happen. I have some aluminum gutters in the back of a truck at my moms house that haven't been touched, bt at the same time someone tried to steal gas from her Neon a few weeks ago. To show how stupid they were, there was a 72 T-bird in the other driveway, backed up to the garage so it would be easy to hide and a pickup truck next to that with a gas can underneath it. They didn't touch those.
I had some kids rifle through my van last Sunday night too. They got about $6 in cash and coins. Some other neighbors lost more. It was unlocked so bad me but I'll be watching and no police will be involved if I catch them, we will just go for a long ride.

Another idea to secure that fence cheaply is to look for some cheap chain link fence and secure it to the inside of the wood fence at the least secure areas first. It's a time wasting surprise when they encounter that.

My place has no windows. Everything is parked inside (which limits parking) and all my neighbors know I'm armed to the teeth.

I catch some sombitch (as my dad used to say) breaking in to my place they WILL be shot.

I Love TEXAS

My son had his Caddy stolen from the parking lot where he works. Couple days later, a co-worker saw it parked on the streets, police called and car towed. When he saw it in the tow yard he found an old radio that he had in the trunk sitting it the dash and his nice stereo was gone he felt really sick since he realized that they had been in the trunk and all his craftman tools would be gone. When he checked the trunk, was he surprised to find all his tools were still there. The thieves took his stereo but left the much more valuable Craftman tools.

At my house, a few years back, one of my dogs nailed a youth in my back yard requiring several stitches. The word is out, avoid my house, dogs that bite.

-
Back