shop pictures

-

440valiant

cuda
Reaction score
hey

i was just thinking about my shop im using this summer and i was just wondering what all your shops look like

thanks

Here's mine before I loaded all my junk in it!

shopprogress005Small-1.jpg

{soon to be posted: pic of front lawn, and gravel drive, covered in snow.}

Ya. thats right. my dads shop ain't done. So thats wat i got. Then when it is done, thats just wat i got most of the time. lmao.

My shop is in my basement. 1000 sq. feet total. Seperated into areas dedicated to spacific uses. Like where once was a rollup door is now a suuny window and a desk where the DeMonIVR is built, tested, etc... No one including myself is allowed to move any tool from that area. Wife handles final inspection and shipping in an area dedicated to that purpose. You dont dare move her stuff either. LOL
I hope to move all this into a seperate building someday and do the den, pool table thing down there.

Barracuda325-vi.jpg

Not as elaborate as some shops you guys have (Lucky Bastards!) but it keeps the rain off of me and the car...

Barracuda339-vi.jpg

I have plenty of room for my Wife to get comfortable and watch me wrestle with the car while she enjoys a bagel & coffee.

The shop. The only thing I know for sure is that they are never big enough. Mine is 26x36. I am pretty diligent about cleaning up and putting things away, even so I still wish I had more room. I am always moving things around and cleaning shelves and such looking for places to hide/store parts and stuff.I have recently added a compressor and sand blaster, taking up even more room. I hope to add a lean to type addition but my wife says only if she gets a gazebo thingme(great, something else to paint). I don't see either one happening for a few years.
The first pictures show a blank canvas from June 06 just before we moved in, I had the floor sprayed with sealer. So big, so clean!
The next pics are from yesterday. Moved the Cuda up to the garage, even so things are getting tight in there. Not complaining, I feel very fortunate to have a place like that to play in. My only advice would be to build them as big as you can afford, then fill it full of old Mopars.

2003_0101Image0001 (Small).JPG

2003_0101Image0005 (Small).JPG

2008_03020001 (Small).JPG

2008_03020003 (Small).JPG

2008_03020004 (Small).JPG

I have got to say yall sure do have it going.=P~

I miss my shop at the old home place, lived there 22 years,
know I am on the hill and my son has taken over the old shop and house for know.

My 24x30 shop is there where you will just have to use your imagination8)

LIFE 846.jpg

Hey, try this for storage space. I bag and tag everything.

bad pic, but if you look in the upper right you'll see zip-lock bags stapled to the wall. I write the part on it, stick it on the wall, take it down, blast and paint it, put it back in the bag and staple it on the opposite wall (the ready to install wall).
Sure keeps me organized.

Dart in primer 008.jpg

A picture of my new garage. I was supposed to have 10 foot ceilings. When I measure it only came out to be about 9 foot. I'm not to happy about that. :angry7:

Garage Pics.jpg

Here is a picture of my shop, 24 by 24, but I have doen alot in that little sucker, but it is to small now, my Coronet is a workbench. The other car in there is an old winston cup car with a challenger body on it, it doesnt fit right, so i think Im going to mount a 70 dart body on there next, we'll see.

truckpics007.jpg

bad pic, but if you look in the upper right you'll see zip-lock bags stapled to the wall. I write the part on it, stick it on the wall, take it down, blast and paint it, put it back in the bag and staple it on the opposite wall (the ready to install wall).
Sure keeps me organized.

(the ready to install wall).LOL
I'm a bagger and a tagger also although I do not stick em to the wall. I also catalog parts as I put them away in totes. I have a journal that I make entries into whenever I find things that I know I won't remember such as missing bolts, order in which I remove parts, "need to get section" and so on. I also print info from this web site and put it into a binder, any tips or tricks or info I can gather together that may help later on. I also take my camera to the shop every time and take pictures of each step to keep track give myself reminders. Although it takes time , all this organizing should pay off later on. Can't say enough about this web site as far as getting help, it seems there is always someone who has binderdonedat that can help a guy out.

I have definitely learned over the years to bag and tag. Pictures help too. You can restore them stoned-drunk using this method (according to my brother).

Sure keeps me organized.

wise man!, I try to do the same but it doesn't always happen

-
Back