shops in San Diego

-

Maxwel Nicoll

Reaction score
Who knows of the good mopar auto shops in San Diego? I know there must be quite a few. I need different things done to mine.

A lot will depend on what kind of work you need done. I like Ed Hanson Muffler for exhaust work....Speed Specialties or Broadway Machine for engine building.....GW Coachworks for nice body work......Horizon Perfomance for transmission and rear end work.....National City Auto Trim for interior, vinyl top, and convertible top work.....Broadway Auto Electric for component rebuilding and wiring work. I do most of my own work so I haven't hired any general repair shops but I know quite a few of them if you need advice.

Thanks, that helps a lot. I have exhaust work, the gas tank and manifolds, and some body work and trim. And some upholstery too.

I was wondering about a single shop that can do everything from the gas tank to the exhaust, including the manifolds and carb.

I've found through the years that most shops that do all types of work don't do any one thing exceptionally well. I'm sure there are exceptions, but none come to mind. Shops that specialize tend to have more expertise in their particular field.

If you are willing to travel five and a half hours east we can take care of whatever you may need. We specialize in mopars, and have many years of experience in all areas, bumper to bumper. www.ClassicAmericanRides.com

I've found through the years that most shops that do all types of work don't do any one thing exceptionally well. I'm sure there are exceptions, but none come to mind. Shops that specialize tend to have more expertise in their particular field.

I agree.

And most of the shops that "do it all" actually farm it out.

Well, maybe when I get the car ready for the expensive rebuild I'll take it 5 hours east. It sounds like a nice drive, and some camping too.

-
Back