Short story from long ago

-
they who? is this like the royal we? the editorial we? the i have a turd in my pocket we?

i don't think that anybody on the face of the planet has ever considered the poly 318 as a "big block", namely because, ya know, mopar had big blocks that were entirely different in architecture and design.

if you knew anything or hell, even took a minute to do the most basic research, mopar offered a smallblock in 1956, called... wait for it... the A engine. starting with 277ci and producing it in a number of various displacements ending in, shockingly... you might know this one... 318 until the arrival of, again, wait for it... the LA, which *gasp* is the 273, 318, 340 and 360

a note here is that the A and the LA were produced concurrently from 1964 through 1967, although the "poly" or A engine was slated for non- A body cars. they also made a 326ci for 1959 dodges, which is kinda cool because it uses hydraulic tappets.

so to recap, mopar did in fact have a small block, but did not have a performance oriented small block save for the V-800 option dual quad 318 offered in 57~58 plymouths (which was probably available on other cars or as a dealer option).

i love how you come on here trying to talk facts only to talk out the side of your neck and show how truly clueless you really are.

so, back to your avanti love affair: comparing a supercharged engine specifically built for performance and put into an expensive lightweight car to compete with corvettes to anything else is an foolish comparative. the argument holds no water, much like the dinghy you keep rowing in circles around the marina.
I think that in person that you are a nice guy, full of knowledge. I'm trying to come across on things in a better more knowledgeable way and I realize that this is going to take me a while but I'm trying.

the SS package started in 61 and could be had with any power plant, that changed in 68 and the SS package was only available on big block powered cars till 72 when thay started putting SS package on 350 sb powered cars again! the RS package didnt have any engine restrictions... ol heavy chevys need all the help thay can get to run quick!!

I think that in person that you are a nice guy, full of knowledge. I'm trying to come across on things in a better more knowledgeable way and I realize that this is going to take me a while but I'm trying.
i'm actually three racoons in a trench coat.

in your quest, may i offer some advice? don't make broad, sweeping assumptions or proclaim your ideas as fact.

also here's some drag racing videos of an avanti:

those aren't slug numbers, but at the same time not exactly a world beater

-
Back