should i be scared of air bag removal?

-
I have no problem at all helping out anyway I can, but the most important thing to remember is that year to year, models, different manufactures all have different procedures. If you are not intimately familiar with what your working on then I suggest factory based service information to help guide you. Again I just want people to not underestimate the technology and potential pitfalls with just jumping in headfirst on these vehicles, thank you.

that is not much of a answer:
ive checked out the procedure on lx forums,and i see nothing about a special procedure,they were pretty straight foward on how to do it.you keep saying there is more to it,well give it up if there is.dissconnect battery,wait 30 min,remove the 2 bolts that hold the air bag,dissconnect air bag,remove steering wheel,remove clockspring.reverse procedure.my only concern was the (airbag)leave it to a professional.WHY?how will they do it differently than me?answer that or stop with the bullshit of leaving it to a professional.

When working with squibs on aircraft, I was instructed to ground the squib. Seems to me the same would be true of an airbag.

In general airbag work in particular should be left to those trained on the subject and have the proper tooling and knowledge to perform that kind of service. I know there are independent and dealer techs that are part of this website and so I would exclude some of them, but the average guy has no clue and there is way more going on than i care to explain. Just because you do a clockspring on one of the easiest systems to perform that repair doesnt mean that they are all that way. There is no other system on the modern vehicle that will get you hurt or killed like the SRS system can, and lets not forget the liability issues and responsibility at stake. To each thier own but I make 6 figures doing mostly SRS work and also module programming and vehicle diagnostics so I feel I am more than qualified to give my input and advice, thank you.

ok then,input and procedure on 05 magnum so we will all know

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6YLIwzbbyM"]Idiotic Airbag Prank - YouTube[/ame]

Just say'in

just pulled all the airbags out of my 2012 challenger when i gutted the inside, no procedure no waiting no bs, disconnected the battery and out came the airbags. I don't trust dealerships myself. Everytime i've been screwed on a car its been by a dealeership. Just my 2 cents.

he makes 6 figures scaring people into dealerships to have it serviced at a dealership rate so he can continue to make 6 figures , that is the why
I work for myself, so keep your jealousy to yourself , I will just read what posts I am interested in from now on and not try and contribute. All these forums are filled with backyard superstars, but hey keep up the good work and ripping and tearing into things you have no knowledge about.......it's great for business!!!

In general airbag work in particular should be left to those trained on the subject and have the proper tooling and knowledge to perform that kind of service. I know there are independent and dealer techs that are part of this website and so I would exclude some of them, but the average guy has no clue and there is way more going on than i care to explain. Just because you do a clockspring on one of the easiest systems to perform that repair doesnt mean that they are all that way. There is no other system on the modern vehicle that will get you hurt or killed like the SRS system can, and lets not forget the liability issues and responsibility at stake. To each thier own but I make 6 figures doing mostly SRS work and also module programming and vehicle diagnostics so I feel I am more than qualified to give my input and advice, thank you.

What does your income have to do with your knowledge and expertise level?

I work for myself, so keep your jealousy to yourself , I will just read what posts I am interested in from now on and not try and contribute. All these forums are filled with backyard superstars, but hey keep up the good work and ripping and tearing into things you have no knowledge about.......it's great for business!!!

Check it out bro, I am far from jealous, you have no idea how much I make. So far you haven't contributed **** to this thread other than your claims of air bag super knowledge that we have yet to read about. It sounds like you seem to think air bag rocket science pays very good money but all you are doing is blowing smoke up every ones *** about replacing one themselves and instead of helping, you get mad about it. Its kind of entertaining

Check it out bro, I am far from jealous, you have no idea how much I make. So far you haven't contributed **** to this thread other than your claims of air bag super knowledge that we have yet to read about. It sounds like you seem to think air bag rocket science pays very good money but all you are doing is blowing smoke up every ones *** about replacing one themselves and instead of helping, you get mad about it. Its kind of entertaining

x2

I gave my thoughts on the subject and thats all that I care to share, you can make your own decisions from there. Take care

Lol, everybody is a self proclaimed expert. Only one guy spoke correctly about the procedure. Everybody else is shooting from the hip and has no idea whats going outside of the fact that in the end they didnt have a problem and so it must have been easy. I am not saying you cant do the job, but without getting into a huge discussion about it, if you dont have dealer level scan tools and factory information along with on the job experience you are better off leaving these cars to the properly tooled and trained individuals. The problem is a lot of guys grew up on and can and do work on thier older cars with great success, but the modern automobile is a networked computer on wheels and most dont have a clue.

This is funny. I do this for a living, support my family pretty well. Dealer level scan tools are not necessary, yes I am factory trained. Most aftermarket scan tools will suffice, and in most cases once the problem is fixed the warning lamp will go out without clearing the trouble codes. Same goes with ABS faults.

This is quite funny actually, I'm sure you are a very good wrench and provide a great living for your family but aside from that you are clueless. I program modules, do SRS work, electrical, vehicle stability, drive ability issues for a living. I GET called from dealerships, independent repair shops, body shops, used car lots......to provide a service to them for which they cannot do themselves, that service includes tooling, training and knowledge that they don't posses. I don't do brakes and water pumps, I don't overhaul transmissions and differentials and wouldn't comment on the such because that is not how I spend 8 plus hours a day generating income. I could care less if some on here find my personality offensive because I earned my attitude through many many years of investing in myself through self paid training classes both local and across the country and also dealer level scan tools and flashing equipment. I am very good at what I speak about and am quiet and read from others on things that I know little or nothing about, some of you should do the same.

you are clueless. .

Like i said, funny. I'm glad you know me and my knowledge. I do the same **** as you and have never "called for outside help", even when i was at the dealership. Never heard of that actually. Most of todays vehicle are electronically driven, so to be in this field and not be smart with computers / electronics is almost impossible to survive. But then again i am clueless.

-
Back