Should I call it quits?

-
I'm going to inventory the parts I have and see
What I can safe out of this mess. Here are some pictures of the rest of the car. The body work done on it was not done by me.

View attachment image-2267985943.jpg

The other side a pillar

Attachments

• image-2442829663.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 174
  • image-2186407526.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 188
  • image-3295057121.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 183
  • image-2362478935.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 168
From what i saw in the pics, unless it's a Pink 340 car, take your parts and move on....jmo.

Didn't the V8 cars in 70 get 8 3/4 axles?
What's the 5th digit of your VIN? Should be G if its a 318 car.
How do the grille and dash look?

Only the 318, 3spd manual cars got the 8 3/4 rear as far as i know. And of course the 340's.

Wow, that's a shame. These latest pics look like a pretty straight, 1/2 solid car. But i still have to stick with my first thought and part it, unless somebody wants to take on a project like that on a 318 car.

Post 17
It's nothing to special, it a 318. White bucket seats, front disc and a 7.25 rear end.

Post 23
OOPS missed the 7 1/4 rear diff part. Does not change anything except you still need a diff. 8.8 Fords are an affordable easy swap and gives you rear discs.

Post 29

Looks like the other A pillar is full of bondo. My guess is its covering up more rust holes. Judging by the floor and rockers, I'd bet there's more rust covered up by bondo, any work done before it got to you would have to be suspect.

Looks like a lot of good parts to be had though. I'd still part the poor thing out unless you just happen upon a complete set of A-pillars so you can weld them in above and below the pillar. That's the problem with getting a car that's been worked on, you never know what the other guy did, or covered up. There can be a lot of hidden problems underneath the paint/primer.

Looks like the other A pillar is full of bondo. My guess is its covering up more rust holes. Judging by the floor and rockers, I'd bet there's more rust covered up by bondo, any work done before it got to you would have to be suspect.

Looks like a lot of good parts to be had though. I'd still part the poor thing out unless you just happen upon a complete set of A-pillars so you can weld them in above and below the pillar. That's the problem with getting a car that's been worked on, you never know what the other guy did, or covered up. There can be a lot of hidden problems underneath the paint/primer.
X 2 I would part it out take the 1/4s down to steel and see whats under it 1st any where you see bondo take it to steel and see whats hiding under there .. Muds ez to toos back on it later :cheers:

I found the build sheet under the back seat. It all matches up. Well not the front brakes they were put on by the last owner. Thanks guy for your opinions As much as it pains me to say I will be parting the car out.

I found the build sheet under the back seat. It all matches up. Well not the front brakes they were put on by the last owner. Thanks guy for your opinions As much as it pains me to say I will be parting the car out.

Look for a clean body and use your good parts to build the new car.

I love how these "should I save it" threads turn in to "dibs on your parts" threads ;) :blob:

thats not a "dibs on your parts" question. its a very valid question since the OP says hes parting it out. did you see the part of his sentence i quoted? i didnt tell him to part it out so i can have the dash pad. i dont even know what it looks like.

thats not a "dibs on your parts" question. its a very valid question since the OP says hes parting it out. did you see the part of his sentence i quoted? i didnt tell him to part it out so i can have the dash pad. i dont even know what it looks like.

I love how these "should I save it" threads turn in to "dibs on your parts" threads ;) :blob:

Plus if he is going to part it out and sell the parts, the early bird gets the worm.

The others that snooze, loose.

hows the dash pad look ? i would be interested if you dont use it or keep it

VULTURE!!

I'm just joking.... when I saw the post I thought to myself how funny would my post be, then as I read the later posts thought maybe I shouldn't post it. I decided to post it anyway and hope everyone's skin is thick enough not to get hurt. Just playing with you 73AbodEE!!

There is a whole flock of vultures around and here I am writing down my needs list. Nothing on this car will do me any good but post the right car on here with parts I need and watch my claws come out. You either step up to the plate and make deals or loose out just to wait maybe several years at another shot.

Attachments

• vulture.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 137
Guys- Yes, i see the thread made a turn for the parting-

This was a general observation on how many similar threads go- and was by no means an attack on anyone- and I'm sorry if you took it that way. We all just want to build and drive cool cars- let's save the drama for jerry springer.

This was a general observation on how many similar threads go- and was by no means an attack on anyone- and I'm sorry if you took it that way. We all just want to build and drive cool cars- let's save the drama for jerry springer.

its all good, i know what you meant and you quoted me , so i felt the need to respond. CAWW ! CAWW !

VULTURE!!

I'm just joking.... when I saw the post I thought to myself how funny would my post be, then as I read the later posts thought maybe I shouldn't post it. I decided to post it anyway and hope everyone's skin is thick enough not to get hurt. Just playing with you 73AbodEE!!

lmao , hey , if he hadnt said it was getting parted, i wouldnt have asked about it.

i cant count the deals ive missed because i didnt want to jump the gun out of courtesy, only to see the car in a million pieces up for grabs a week later :violent1:

lol

Then knowing this I would think your comment was uncalled for in this thread. I have seen the same things you mention in other threads where the owner hadn't said he was going to part it out and have to totally agree with you on that point. In this case you are creating drama for making such a statement when it didn't apply to this thread.

73ABODEE the dash pad is not in good shape.
I will be posting on the parts for sale section
Later this week with some pictures and prices.

73ABODEE the dash pad is not in good shape.
I will be posting on the parts for sale section
Later this week with some pictures and prices.

sounds good, it has to be better than mine lol a few cracks would be fine by me.

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 114
  • dash1.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 124
There are 3 kinds of cars worth saving. Those with a fold down top, those with a Hemi and those with a multiple carb big block engine (numbers matching). All the rest go in the crusher. Part the car out and start over. If it was your high school car and your first time in the back seat with little Susie rotten crotch, then you may be too attached. Your call and welcome to FABO!

-
Back