should i keep my carburetor or buy this one?

-

Shaun65dart

Reaction score
hey guys on my 65 dart i have the 225 slant with the carter bbs carb. I just fully rebuilt it and it starts and run decent. Question is, i came across a new old stock still in the box holley 1920. the guy wants 140 for it. will it be any better than the carter or should i just stick with what i have?

well yea i was thinking since mine runs why would i get another carb. Im new to old mopars and wasnt sure if i should scoop up the holley if its a good carb. ill most likely let it pass. thanks guys

Not worth goin' after. I took a look at it. It's not configured for the rotating-rod throttle setup in '60-'66 A-bodies, and it's not NOS, it's a sandblasted "remanufactured" piece o' junk. :-(

It would be for a 68 Dart 4dr, but thanks for the low-down.

i would get a holley 750 double pumper

and then get a 360 to put it on

:poke:

It would be for a 68 Dart

If your wallet opens wide enough, get this one for your '68 (seller has a "make offer" option). The BBS 6026 is a real nice-running carb that'll go right on your '68 even if it had a Holley to start with. Only hookup hurdle is front rather than side fuel inlet; good excuse to do the Fuel line mod.

Thank God I am not alone LOL. Thinking about moving to Idaho.... that has started me thinking about how that might be a good way to 'part' with most of my 'goodies'.

Thank God I am not alone LOL. Thinking about moving to Idaho.... that has started me thinking about how that might be a good way to 'part' with most of my 'goodies'.

Recenlt scores, 2 very good conditon 1920 carbs, and n.o.s motor mounts with chrysler logos on them in their original boxes. The hard to find passenger side is my unicorn!

-
Back