Should I leave the heater box out?

-
I removed the Vintage a/c and heater from my Signet and installed a Vintage heat box which is a very small unit maybe 12 x 10. It's a heat and defroster unit and the heat makes you sweat big time. It's 3 speeds and the best heater my car has ever had, cost around 200. Simple hookup to water hoses and you really cannot see it under the dash.. I drive the Signet as much as I can summer winter means nothing to me

It depends, you Minnneeesooottaaa guys have a short cruise season, so leave it out. Here I can drive year round, so of course I'm gonna leave it in.

I drive til the snow flies, so I use my heater. My blower motor isn't hooked up right (haven't checked wiring, pretty sure that's whats wring with it) so I have to have a window open to draw the air through the car. Kind of sucks but only takes a few minutes and the morning/late night fog is gone. I too would rather have it and not need it, than vise-vera.

I took mine out 15 years ago along with the blower motor , don't drive in cold or wet weather . And the lighter the car is the faster it is

and five pounds is going to make a world of difference....

Ditto to Cuda6. Mine was A/C box that weighed 48 lb. Note: a non A/C heater box will NOT fit in a car with factory A/C. The firewalls are different. It is possible to make a box around the heater core and fab up brackets for install. Someone mentioned Vintage Air heater box, sound advise. I would suggest a heater/ defroster from a forklift or a farm tractor. They are small/compact/light and work like mad. Hopes this helps

I did put it back in, but I am considering removing the evap core because I don't have a/c anymore. Is there any value selling an evap core? My brother wants to use one for a fuel cooler.

-
Back