Should I or shouldn't I?

-

kittypancake

Reaction score
:?:?Working on disc brake swap-over on my 72 Valiant...now that stuff is opened up I'm considering control arm bushings too. The car will just be for driving, cruise nights, having fun....not doing a restoration or performance build. So...how much of a can of worms am I opening? I already don't have as much time as I like to work on it...but it's half disassembled already...any input on the pros + cons would be appreciated

All bushings are press in, press out. If you have access to a press or bushing removal tool and are familiar with "rolling a bushing lip W a punch" its no problem.

The can of worms will be resetting ride height, UCA Cam bolts and resetting camber, caster.

All can be done easy in driveway if you pay attention.

I just did it so it cant be that hard?

Chances are those original bushings are shot. You've already got it apart, better to do it now than in a year (or few) when the car won't maintain an alignment.

Would also be a really good time to install offset UCA bushings, so that you can set more modern alignment specs if you're running radial tires.

The car will just be for driving, cruise nights, having fun....not doing a restoration or performance build.

you still want it to be safe and right. may as well replace the lower control arm (i assume new uppers are in the new upper arms you are putting on) and strut rod bushings while you are that far into it.

Same UCA's...SBP discs, still think I will probably go with all the bushings

All bushings are press in, press out. If you have access to a press or bushing removal tool and are familiar with "rolling a bushing lip W a punch" its no problem.

The can of worms will be resetting ride height, UCA Cam bolts and resetting camber, caster.

All can be done easy in driveway if you pay attention.

I just did it so it cant be that hard?

I am not familiar with "rolling a bushing"...could someone please explain?

-
Back