should i part it out, and what should i ask for it

-

dudeman601

Reaction score
should i scrap it, or sell it? it has some good stuff on it , but its taking up room for my valiant. it has no windshield , the body work was done a few years ago, but has some scratches with rust forming. i has glass bumpers and dash cap. 8 3/4 rear housing only.manual tranny hump, with pedals.6 point cage. rust holes in the floor board. it has home made tubs and a rear half kit of some sorts on it. i have no idea what i should do with this thing. you guys have any ideas? if i can figure this out, i will post some pics ...

P6230031.jpg

P6230038.jpg

P6230041.jpg

P6230042.jpg

P6230045.jpg

P6230046.jpg

oh. god, the words "part it out" is a no-no here. get ready for some flaming. i would change your title to get rid of that part. heaven forbid a car had to get parted out to help 20 other restorations already in progress.

i say do what you want with it. you paid for it, but others will tell you quite the contrary in a few moments..... just give it time.

oh. god, the words "part it out" is a no-no here. get ready for some flaming. i would change your title to get rid of that part. heaven forbid a car had to get parted out to help 20 other restorations already in progress.

i say do what you want with it. you paid for it, but others will tell you quite the contrary in a few moments..... just give it time.

ha ha bring on the flaming.. i have pretty tough skin

well lets start by telling us more i see its a duster 72 i think

Ok;NO PARTING OUT!and if you do part it out,NO MAKING A PROFIT!YOU MUST GIVE THE EXCESS PARTS AWAY.and when you give the parts away you have the right to free parts from other members.And if another member dont give you the parts you want you also have the right to badmouth them on here,then you can get mad and cancel your membership.Other than that,this is a great site.

Ok;NO PARTING OUT!and if you do part it out,NO MAKING A PROFIT!YOU MUST GIVE THE EXCESS PARTS AWAY.and when you give the parts away you have the right to free parts from other members.And if another member dont give you the parts you want you also have the right to badmouth them on here,then you can get mad and cancel your membership.Other than that,this is a great site.

lol. lmao pretty much

Looks like a lot of good parts on the duster, it's your car you can do what you like with it.. If I thought it were fixible I might put the whole car up for sale, you would probably make more by parting it out....

ha ha ha ha

Looks like a lot of good parts on the duster, it's your car you can do what you like with it.. If I thought it were fixible I might put the whole car up for sale, you would probably make more by parting it out....
im not really trying to make any money on it.. i just need the space now.. i have my valiant , drag bike, and now the wife has her project vw.. just way too much stuff..

im not really trying to make any money on it.. i just need the space now.. i have my valiant , drag bike, and now the wife has her project vw.. just way too much stuff..

I'd sell it whole then... Car looks pretty good from what I see in the pics..

Duh me, I missed that about the bumpers in your description.. Those fiberglass parts are not cheap, someone has spent some money on that project...

That appears to be in far better shape than the ones I am trying to fix.

I'd try to sell it whole since you really need the space. But, If you part it out, I'll take the 4 speed floor hump.

It would probably make a good donor car for a FOUR door...

I'm sure nobody makes these into big block 4-speed cars anymore...

Is there really a discussion needed here?

List the car for sale whole...They're not making anymore of them:protest:

And since we ARE trying to help you, and the car seems to be in your way, I would think $1000 would get it gone quick!

burg

it would probably make a good donor car for a four door...

I'm sure nobody makes these into big block 4-speed cars anymore...

Is there really a discussion needed here?

List the car for sale whole...they're not making anymore of them:protest:

And since we are trying to help you, and the car seems to be in your way, i would think $1000 would get it gone quick!

Burg

agree!!!!!!!!

Sell it whole, it looks promising to sell whole and you only have to sell one thing then! yeah you could part it out and yeah you could make more money after sitting on some parts for months or years trying to get what you want for them. it sounds like its in the way, sell it whole to someone and be done with it.

I live in NY, about 8 years ago I had a 73 Duster that I put 4 speed pedals and clutch pedals in. The fenders were dented up, so I threw in a set of 72 Dart fenders that were mostly rust free. the interior was out of it, but it came with 2 front buckets in white that were ripped and a matching unripped back seat. No engine and quite a bit of bondo in the quarters.
I put it up for sale for $1000 and it sold in about 3 weeks. Now A-bodies are worth more. If you are happy with $1000, then you will most likely sell it quickly. Good luck.

-
Back