Should I sell it? What's it worth?

-
I disagree with " simon325e " if it was stock notch back 340 car ...Personally i would not give it a double take ... BUT being the modified version now .. I feel he did an excellent job and it looks MUCH better....
Lets not forget the NICE STOCK looking 69 yellow 340 barracuda that could not get 18000 . Now as a group ,,, we are stating this car is worth 20000+... in a modified form ... How much would this car get in stock appearance ??? I guess what i am trying to say .. some cars catch MORE lookers/buyers when modifications made ... and this in my eyes is one of those cars .

yep, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay.

I'd much rather prefer a modified turn key car that I could beat on rather than a numbers matching, boring ride that I'm afraid to drive.

My experience has been that for the most part guys who are buying these $30.000 plus dollar cars is that they are willing to forgive engine mods.But the car and interior should be left stock.
The Satellite that I'm doing right now has a 750 hp low deck with a liberty 4 spd...The interior has a suede headliner and the gauges have a white background and the electrical had been changed over to a painless set up.
The new owner loves the engine but wants an auto like it came from the factory with.He wants to see the original electrical bulkhead connector under the hood and a stock looking interior and exterior.And hes not alone...I've done 6 other big dollar $40-$65.000 cars in the last couple of years changing personal aesthetic mods done to cars back to stock...
To each his own I guess

Cuda...I know..all I meant to say is from my experience these are the trends that I've come across...Little custom mods no matter how tasteful seldom carry over to the new owner.
I had a customer take out a couple of Autometer ultra lite gauges from under his dash only to replace them with those old back lit Sun gauges from the 70's...A bunch of us thought it was a mistake but it's his car.

Cuda...ya got a nice car....and it looks like a million bucks to me...

I know, I was being my cynical self again.

There are several different types of buyers looking from mild to wild.

Heavily modified cars are usually built to the builders tastes only and may or may not appeal to other people.
I have had several offers for it, most of them tempting but I never even thought about selling it until I really started to think about it.
Oh well, I'm not on an active campaign to sell it, but if the right offer comes along I will probably let it go and lick my wounds for a coupe days then go look for a new toy to buy for the garage or gun cabinet to take my mind off of it.
Nothing like the smell of gun powder and a sore shoulder to take your mind off of things.

Now is a bad time to be selling it, imo. I think since the economy tanked potential buyers are still licking their wounds. If your not in a big rush I think the value and ease of selling will be much higher in the near future. They're not making any more of them therefore demand is what is influencing the price. Personally, I think it's an awesome looking car and I would keep it if it was mine.

Most nice turn key cars around here are going for anywhere between 25-30-k.
I've already tuned down an offer of 25-k a month ago, but it really got me thinking.
I have to tell myself it's nothing but a hunk of metal and I would not miss it, and look at all the cool guns I could buy with that money.....now you feel me?:-D

$25k is top dollar IMHO for a caged A body in this market. I would take it if you really want to sell.

.... 27k u wouldnt have to think about it, but u turned down 25k..........thats telling me that u really dont want to sell..........whatever u do good luck..............times r tough 4 every1...........kim........................

Hey spaz, I see that you have already changed avatar`s; so I`ll go ahead and drop the cuda. Now back to one of the early ideas, You might want to move up to a Charger or Road Runner project. Happen to have both flavors, what color do you want? If I had the Cuda , first thing that I would do is remove the cage. You know everyone is different. Personally, I think that you were just looking for a reason to post another picture of that fine Cuda. Which I welcome at any time. God bless you`ll. Wayne

sent pic to my appraiser told me around 5000.00 where do i pick it up !]

$5k? someone else already offered $27k..... if im remembering correctly, anyway

i say sell it. its a great car, but if your bored of it, buy and revive another one. let another mopar guy enjoy it. if it was me i couldnt sell, dont get me wrong. but make sure you get what you think its worth...NOT $5k...

73charger.... you don't really recognize sarcasm when you read it do you?

'Spaz-a-mataz, let her go for the right price. You have a way with these fine Mopars. You need to be saving as many as you can. So do one up, enjoy it for a year or so, then let her go. And start all over again! What you have learned from this build can be put into another build and hopefully it will go a little quicker (time wise) and be a little easier to build. I remember many years ago seeing Troy Trepanier's first ride in Hot Rod or Car Craft magazine. Look at where he's at now. http://www.radrides.com/home.php Maybe one day you'll be building cars for others with deep pockets. It all starts somewhere. Finally, I think you are the type that gets more pleasure from the building process compared to those that just want to drive a finished project. Good luck to ya.

Wylde1.

-
Back