Should I sell it? What's it worth?

-
That could be my all time favorite car! I understand why everyone says to keep it, but I think that the builder of a 'Cuda that cool should continue saving old Mopars. If you decide to sell and start a new project I'm sure you will have many supporters here.Good luck and have fun.

I would put it out there and see what offers you get. If the price is right mabby. If it was me though you would have to pry it from my cold dead hands. But thats just me and the way I fell about my Dart.

I would put it out there and see what offers you get. If the price is right mabby. If it was me though you would have to pry it from my cold dead hands. But thats just me and the way I fell about my Dart.

family first bro.

I would miss it, but family is much more important.

I think the end result would be similar to quitting a really bad drug habit cold turkey and left in the desert alone, but I would get over it. LOL.

Don't sell it to anyone in your zip code. It would kill me if it were mine to see it driving around. Just my two cents.

I understand where your coming from Spaz. Myself i HAD to down size as my stalls (8) were all full and i dont park my stuff outside. When i finish a project and drive it for a while one gets to needin something different or new. I traded the Triple Black and it looks like i have the Snakeskin sold so now i can start on another project. That's a very nice car with a lot of time in it but like me you may realize that to get EVERYTHING out of it you put in it aint realistic. It's been fun and it has enabled you to keep your sanity. I hated to see my Triple Black go but one happens on to a time when it's time to move on. If you decide to move on, take lots of pics so you can set and show pics of the runner you use to have. Keep this in mind to help out on the void that will be left in you. The next one will be bigger, better, and badder. I'm about to buy my next one. I've always wanted a V8 eatin /6. How about a /6 4 speed 72 bucket seat Demon? I feel your pain.
Small block

If someone stuck that amount of cash in my face, it would probably not be a hard decision.
Sure as hell beats a FORK to the face any day. LOL.

Then let the bidding begin!

I hear one Fork in the face! Going once......8)

I got $18.34, some string, a box of hubcaps, and a button.

If it was me....Oh I wish it was! I would probably try to get mid 30K's with a high 20K's expectation. That was my thoughts when I first saw your thread. If you would take $27K I wish I didn't already have close to that in my car but should be a very reasonable amount to expect. That is one of my all time favorite cars I have seen on here the last 5 years. It has truly been an inspiration for my now 416 stroker 68 Formula S I have sunk too much money into the last few years. Awesome, badass car!

If it was me....Oh I wish it was! I would probably try to get mid 30K's with a high 20K's expectation. That was my thoughts when I first saw your thread. If you would take $27K I wish I didn't already have close to that in my car but should be a very reasonable amount to expect. That is one of my all time favorite cars I have seen on here the last 5 years. It has truly been an inspiration for my now 416 stroker 68 Formula S I have sunk too much money into the last few years. Awesome, badass car!

Thanks man.

i say sell it. its a great car, but if your bored of it, buy and revive another one. let another mopar guy enjoy it. if it was me i couldnt sell, dont get me wrong. but make sure you get what you think its worth...NOT $5k...

If you can afford to keep it and start another project then keep it.After a couple of years on the new project the Cuda will look awesome to you again.I think it's worth more than $27k.I would ask $39k OBO.If I win the lottery I will call you.:-D

For what it's worth.when I see your name I see your car,i think a lot of us do.

If you can afford to keep it and start another project then keep it.After a couple of years on the new project the Cuda will look awesome to you again.I think it's worth more than $27k.I would ask $39k OBO.If I win the lottery I will call you.:-D

For what it's worth.when I see your name I see your car,i think a lot of us do.

^^^^^^^^

What Dave said.

very nice car, I remember seeing it at bigblockdart when the paint was fresh...If you have to sell, I understand...I think somewhere around 30K would be fair...I have that in my unfinished dart, but I know I'll never get what I have in it...

11.0-1 360 pushing close to 450 horse before final carb change and tuning.

A-833 four speed, hurst comp plus, pistol grip.

742 case 8-3/4 sure grip w 3.23 gears, pinion snubber.

20 gal fuel cell, electric holley hp 125 pump, quiet.

8pt roll cage.

Mini tubbed, ss springs, sub frame connectors.

4 wheel master power brake manual disk conversion.

front end rebuilt, boxed LCA's for strength.

Heavy duty tortion bars, corners pretty good for an a body with no sway bar and skinnys up front, impresses my mopar buddies who know how crappy these things handle.

Manual quick ratio steering box.

EZ wiring, aftermarket gauges, lotsa crazy, weird mods.

Am I on crack, no, just kicking around the idea, nothing serious..yet.

Surprisingly, the (serious) prices mentioned here are right on and it sounds like you are not hopelessly in love such that you would expect to get more $$ than anyone else would pay.

If I were you, the car would be worth more to me than I could expect anyone else to pay. I wouldn't sell it.

But you have cash tied up in it and cash is king.

Since the car is custom, it wont appeal to as many potential buyers- certainly not the "investment" buyers who need originality and collectability above all else. The smaller number of people might be willing to pay more, but it would take a while to find them. So it kind of boils down to time or money (as usual). Price it right and it will go fast. Price it too high and it wont go at all. (unless one of us hits the lottery!!)

Good luck figuring it out!:thumbup:

You are so gonna regret it.

My cuda wasn't near as nice but it was notorious on the streets of Lincoln from '88 to '95. People that street raced and cruised back then still talk about it 15 years later.

I tracked it down about a year later - found it disassembled, the parts scattered to the 4 winds, and cut up for an unfinished amateur drag project rusting behind a storage barn.

Sorry for the life story...anyway, here I am 15 years later wanting another barracuda, wishing I still had my old one.

Surprisingly, the (serious) prices mentioned here are right on and it sounds like you are not hopelessly in love such that you would expect to get more $$ than anyone else would pay.

If I were you, the car would be worth more to me than I could expect anyone else to pay. I wouldn't sell it.

But you have cash tied up in it and cash is king.

Since the car is custom, it wont appeal to as many potential buyers- certainly not the "investment" buyers who need originality and collectability above all else. The smaller number of people might be willing to pay more, but it would take a while to find them. So it kind of boils down to time or money (as usual). Price it right and it will go fast. Price it too high and it wont go at all. (unless one of us hits the lottery!!)

Good luck figuring it out!:thumbup:

Most nice turn key cars around here are going for anywhere between 25-30-k.
I've already tuned down an offer of 25-k a month ago, but it really got me thinking.
I have to tell myself it's nothing but a hunk of metal and I would not miss it, and look at all the cool guns I could buy with that money.....now you feel me?:-D

ahhh sell it. its ugly red and the front tires are too skinny. seriously its a really cool car, but some of use get bored no matter what we have. im not really into the finished hot rod thing. i had way more fun with my dart going 11s with the shitty *** 30 yr old macco paint job that flaked off all over. painted it and it doesnt intrest me anymore. i dont want to work on it as im afraid to scratch it, i dont want to drive it. i built it as a street strip toy and i dont have the time and cant justify the cost of hitting the track all the time, so ther ereally is no point in having a street strip type car. i have a slant six duster with 17"S started building it to handle, its real easy to drive a bit more comftorble, not as loud, stinky, bad on gas. i feel i could drive it anywhere. that is what i like. unfortunately i want just a tad more power and have a plan to do it cheap and hopefully get decent mileage. in the meantime ill decide what to do with my dart. im probably going to change a lot of stuff and have fun with it. i cant see selling it. although a few months back i sold the coupe in my avatar which truley was a once i na lifetime kind of care. really rare, awsome car. had a lot of fun, some great memories with my dad before he passed, but hey its just a car and i wanted money in my pocket and my garage space more than i wanted the car. your call spaz.

Nice Car...as long as it's not too custom you should be able to come out of it OK.

I'm working on a 67 B body right now...taking out the custom dash/all the non stock wiring/headliner and trans.These little things kept him from getting his asking price...He wanted 38 and the best he was offered was 22...
He struck up a deal to replace all his custom touches back to stock in return he gets 37.000 for his Satellite...which is about 60 cents on the dollar on this 3 year old frame off

-
Back