Should I sell

-

Ron816

Mopar forever
Reaction score
I restored my 68 GTS H-Code dart, no fender tag or build sheet, has a 68 date coded 383, she’s a 4 speed, I have 28k in receipts, the way gas prices are going I’m wondering if I should bail out and sell, not sure where the market is, I really don’t need the money, but I’m noticing prices of these cars falling and don’t want to say a couple years from now that “ I should’ve sold it “,So what do you guys/Gals think about bailing out?

4D57F581-F242-4E00-81F0-63FF9A72C687.jpeg

54E64BE1-E98D-49A5-82AA-0A5EC668E3CE.jpeg

3D6023D4-AD56-45B9-8BB8-0F079E168C82.jpeg

44C2B324-6E9A-4C10-B4A7-7AC89ACD37B6.jpeg

Car looks nice....my feeling is the value is going to continue to fall....with the gas prices, and the ever present "green energy" situation.....

Forgive me as I'm blunt and don't know any other way to put this. Why on EARTH would you allow gas prices to dictate vehicle ownership? It makes no sense whatsoever. If that was the case, why even build one to begin with?

A few questions.. So do you plan on getting totally out of Muscle or Classic cars? Can you afford to drive the car a few days a month? I only see Mopars going up. I am not sure why you say they are going down. Or are you saying because of gas prices you think the value will go down?

Forgive me as I'm blunt and don't know any other way to put this. Why on EARTH would you allow gas prices to dictate vehicle ownership? It makes no sense whatsoever. If that was the case, why even build one to begin with?
I totally agree, but if a guy wants out of the hobby, these stupid gas prices WILL effect the market value unfortunately. But I didnt buy or build any of my junk for resale, so someone else can worry about my junk after I'm gone! I'm gonna enjoy my cars regardless

Just my opinion, no offense meant, if it's all about the money and not the love of the car, your question has answered itself. That is a beautiful car by the way!

If I had that car, I'd be driving it as much as possible.

If you know you're going to sell, get out while the getting's good.

very.... very... VERY seldom have I ever said "I should have sold it". I usually say "why did I sell it !!"

I totally agree, but if a guy wants out of the hobby, these stupid gas prices WILL effect the market value unfortunately. But I didnt buy or build any of my junk for resale, so someone else can worry about my junk after I'm gone! I'm gonna enjoy my cars regardless
Maybe so I guess. It just makes me all the more defiant and determined to stay IN the hobby. I guess I see things differently.

You don't need the money and you are invested in the car. I think you answered your own question. And the jury is still out on where the values are going. Sell it and you will regret it. It is a rare car.

The true value in any car is in enjoying the driving.

Do you enjoy driving it?

If not, it has no value to you.

The true value in any car is in enjoying the driving.

Do you enjoy driving it?

If not, it has no value to you.
The smile I get on my face every time I back Vixen outta the shop is priceless.

Even if gas prices are double what they are now, these are not 20,000 mile a year daily drivers.
If you spent $150 on a weekend going to a car show, is another $150 going to stop you?

Anybody who thinks gas prices will affect classic car values is kidding themselves. If you use your classic car as a daily driver and its gets millage in the single digits with the war in the Ukraine and sanctions with certainly affect gas prices, you may consider a more economical vehicle
The prices on used cars are at a all time high, why would classic's fall in value? How many people use a classic car with a big V8 that gets terrible gas milage for everyday commuting?

Forgive me as I'm blunt and don't know any other way to put this. Why on EARTH would you allow gas prices to dictate vehicle ownership?

lol I know I’ve literally bought new tires with the intention of burning them to shreds that same day.

You guys are right , I’m gonna keep her and continue to enjoy, but let’s all be realistic, I’m 60 and have a love and nostalgia for these cars, but I can’t get my mind off of the fact that we are just a bunch of old guys that can’t let go of the past. We all remember our dads saying “I remember when “. I just never thought I’d get to that age so quickly.

You guys are right , I’m gonna keep her and continue to enjoy, but let’s all be realistic, I’m 60 and have a love and nostalgia for these cars, but I can’t get my mind off of the fact that we are just a bunch of old guys that can’t let go of the past. We all remember our dads saying “I remember when “. I just never thought I’d get to that age so quickly.
Maybe so, but if that small little thing brings you joy, then hold onto it brother. I know I do. I'm proud to cling to the past. My bible and guns too. LOL

Your not old Ron, its a state of mind but I do agree about not letting go of the past and getting top our ages so fast
Im glad your keeping the car
Good luck!!!!

My wife is 45 and doesn’t understand why I love this car and why I spend so much time restoring these machines

As long as they keep targeting our youth younger and younger with the progressive green deal bullshit...we will be saying this sooner and sooner.
They are widening the generation gaps, racial gaps, gender , class...you name it. They dont want us to be together on anything other than what the NWO wants.

-
Back