• No / I dont care, I wont be participating

Votes: 150 70.1%

• Total voters
-

Joeychgo

FABO Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have had several members ask me to start a Jeep forum. This would be a completely seperate site.

I am curious, should I do this and Im also interested how many of you might participate in a jeep site?

Can you handle another right now ? LOL I know I have trouble keeping up with more then 1.

Not gonna vote on it. It would be good for all the guys here that have em'.
Don't have one myself, so I dout I would use it. Do it if you can handle the
extra work.

Not gonna vote on it. It would be good for all the guys here that have em'.
Don't have one myself, so I dout I would use it. Do it if you can handle the
extra work.

I have no running Jeeps and no plans to buy one so I wouldn't be active. What I have in Jeeps will sell locally pretty fast so no need to ship parts.

i love them XJ cherokees, ive had quite a few. if there is enough interest to get people involved, i would participate. i know over at FEBO, it is sometimes weeks before questions are answered or replies made in the threads.

Attachments

• bye bye.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 556
  • 09.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 550
I have had three jeeps in my past. Jeeps have been hot among men of all ages and some females as well. I would think a jeep web site could do really well if you find the right members. Personally I probably wouldn't visit unless I had a jeep in the fleet. :D

I have had three jeeps in my past. Jeeps have been hot among men of all ages and some females as well. I would think a jeep web site could do really well if you find the right members.

Thats why Im asking, Im trying to see if there is really any interest....

what kind of Jeeps ...if its another CJ only kind of thing then no but if its all jeeps like wagoneers and cherokees then im in for sure

Attachments

• CIMG2457.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 523
Plenty of Jeep based forums out there already

true but i would be more likely to join if its in the same family as FABO.....basically if Mr. Joey is the administrator then it is operated like FABO which will make it the best one on the web.......bcoz he has proven with FABO that he knows how to manage a site effectively.........bcoz believe it or not, even a forum on the web needs to be managed like a business ........most other forums out there are "buddy get togethers" the owner/ administrator is part of the "clique" so like that, they are often not friendly to new comers and dispute resolution is partial and bias....sites like that are also not as sucessful as well managed sites with 25,000+ members like FABO. IMHO

I'll echo what Rani said. I have a '78 Cherokee Chief widetrack and used to go Jeepin' all the time, now most of my friends have sold their Jeeps or they are just parked.

I used to go to Part's MIke's "Jeep" forum, but now it's dead. By the way, if anyone has ever heard of or bought parts from Part's Mike (Auburn, CA), he's the guy I bought my '66 Valiant from about 12 or so years ago.

Russ.

Plenty of Jeep based forums out there already

im actually a member of a few jeep forums already, and i can tell you they attract some real quality A holes that only take out their aggressions on the less experienced members. while there are some in every crowd, by far the kindest, knowledgable and willing to help people are right here. if it would attract the same kind of folks that frequent FABO, it would be , by far, the best jeep forum on the web, hands down. ive met some real know-it-all jerks on at least 3 different sites that i havent posted on in months for that very reason.

true but i would be more likely to join if its in the same family as FABO.....basically if Mr. Joey is the administrator then it is operated like FABO which will make it the best one on the web.......bcoz he has proven with FABO that he knows how to manage a site effectively.........bcoz believe it or not, even a forum on the web needs to be managed like a business ........most other forums out there are "buddy get togethers" the owner/ administrator is part of the "clique" so like that, they are often not friendly to new comers and dispute resolution is partial and bias....sites like that are also not as sucessful as well managed sites with 25,000+ members like FABO. IMHO

XS10 Rani , great post

9= yes
18= dont matter
isnt looking good LOL

9= yes
18= dont matter
isnt looking good LOL

Actually, the 'dont matter' votes.... Dont matter.. LOL --- that is to say if I got 300 yes and 2000 dont matter, I still have enough to give it a shot...

I would look to originally populate the site with members from here and our other sites so they would be entrenched before any of those a-holes would get there. Hopefully, they would keep it a nice place that way.

im actually a member of a few jeep forums already, and i can tell you they attract some real quality A holes that only take out their aggressions on the less experienced members. while there are some in every crowd, by far the kindest, knowledgable and willing to help people are right here. if it would attract the same kind of folks that frequent FABO, it would be , by far, the best jeep forum on the web, hands down. ive met some real know-it-all jerks on at least 3 different sites that i havent posted on in months for that very reason.

XS10 Rani , great post

9= yes
18= dont matter
isnt looking good LOL

I agree with Lance and Rani.

Build it and they will come.....

im seeing a demographic trend here .......the good responses are coming from out west .......i see a lot of California and me and Mr. Lance are Rocky Mountain region :-k

Are the gold member I paid fees I paid today going to pay for a server for that site? If they are too bad I didn't see this before I paid them!

the truck forums aren't doing so well IMO so I wouldn't go starting another forum if I were you, maybe add it to the truck forum and it will gain some interst

Are the gold member I paid fees I paid today going to pay for a server for that site? If they are too bad I didn't see this before I paid them!

he said in post number 1 that its going to be a completely different site ....he is just seeing if ppl from here want to joing over there as well....i highly doubt that your paying for something your not getting

-
Back