Should I use a cable for the throttle or just use a rod mechanism

-

67 prostreet gt

Reaction score
I'm in the mist of building a 1967 dart gt for street strip mostly strip duty. The engine is a 526 with the SV-1 carb and I was wondering if it was feasible to run a rod from the carb through the firewall the a modified gas pedal or if I should just use a lokar throttle cable?

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

I see no reason NOT to run a cable. For one thing they are easy to adjust, and engine movement relative to the body does not cause problems

That was the "whole deal" with the "Ralph Nader" engine mounts in the Chivvies in the 60s---70s. If an engine mount broke, the engine rose, and jammed the mechanical throttle link.

I see no reason NOT to run a cable. For one thing they are easy to adjust, and engine movement relative to the body does not cause problems

That was the "whole deal" with the "Ralph Nader" engine mounts in the Chivvies in the 60s---70s. If an engine mount broke, the engine rose, and jammed the mechanical throttle link.

I completely agree. There is no reason not to run a cable.

I was wondering if anyone was going to bring this up.
I will add that when they do jam, it's usually wide open.

-
Back