Should there be a law

-

my5thmopar

Life Long MOPAR Owner
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Should there be a law against Chevy guys owning a old Dodge. :joker: I was looking at clist this morning and saw several old Mopars with Chevy drivetrains. :wack: I know its they own it... its theirs... etc. Am I the only hobbyist that feels this way? If I go to a car show or cruise in and see a Moparlet, I just keep walking. I've commented before that's not a Mopar. My buddy says, it has Plymouth on it. I point to the engine and said Nope, not with a Chevy engine. Just barking. :violent1:

Chevy guys are tired of seeing a thousand Camaros,Novas or Chevelles over and over and over and over...................again!

Cant blame 'em for wanting something cool and unique looking!

But i am against crossbreeding drivetrains from other vehicles.

D.

Chevy guys are tired of seeing a thousand Camaros,Novas or Chevelles over and over and over and over...................again!

Cant blame 'em for wanting something cool and unique looking!

But i am against crossbreeding drivetrains from other vehicles.

D.

X2..... I agree..........I hate crossbreed drivetrains myself....

I know a guy that put a 400 Pontiac engine and trans into his Ford pick up truck. It's what he had and it made the truck run......quite well at that.

who cares. use what ya have

Exactly. Not everyone has the deep pockets it takes to build a Mopar motor. And then is also the case that often times the other makers offer a product that suits someones needs better. Case in point...auto od. 4l80e can take a butt load of power and still have od and lockup.
Some folks areally just to narrow minded to see the truth...

It is what hot rodding is all about...

This mentality is also the reason why if the day ever gets here that I get back to my Dart it WILL NOT be talked about here...

Technically, I don't think Dana is a part of Chrysler, so I guess all the hemi and six-pack guys will have to swap them out.

is Joes old school Indian any less cool because he couldn't find or afford the correct Indian motor for it so he used a Harley motor...? Would you be as incensed if you found a Hemi stuffed into a Camaro? Or a 56 Chevy Belair? It's all hot rodding - do what you gotta do, get it on the road. Would I do it? Hell no. LOL
Then again, no one batted an eye when I put a Pontiac 307 in an 84 Regal...

A Chevy in a Ford is Ok - A Ford In a Ford is OK -- Mopars gotta be Mopars.

Not a fan either but as noted thats is what hot rodding is , and this hobby is alot older than we are.

How about a Hemi Powered '62 Lincoln?

SIDE9_zpsts2vfwzo.jpg

UNDERHOOD9_zpsjfw8hmlx.jpg

exactly. Not everyone has the deep pockets it takes to build a mopar motor. And then is also the case that often times the other makers offer a product that suits someones needs better. Case in point...auto od. 4l80e can take a butt load of power and still have od and lockup.
Some folks areally just to narrow minded to see the truth...

It is what hot rodding is all about...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^

Post a phone number, we will ALL call him up and then turn it down the second he says "Chevy Drive train" only to be furtherly harassed by ball busting and name calling.

LMFAO!!!!!

I never had a problem with drivetrains swaps in hotrods.
Hemis or nailheads in fords has been done since before we were born.
It is called hotrodding as stated above.
I also remember when all the mustang and Vega funny cars were using Chrysler hemis.
I always thought they should be using their own brand of engines like the prostocks.
I had to give up watching NASCAR when they stopped racing production bodies and engines.
When it comes to 50s customs or lowrider types I never really cared as long as it was a
swap that traditionally fit the era the cars were from.
Then you come to the muscle car age. I would never cross breed a muscle car but I have no problem with a 440 or hemi replacing a slant in a Mopar.
As far as the cars made after the muscle car age I never pay them no mind. Open game.
Never cared much for the many automotive fads that have come and gone out of style.
If a car is built and can withstand time and still be liked by most they did good.
As for all the cars that make some cringe at least the owner liked it and enjoyed it.
It can be a little nerving if a guy puts a Cummings diesel in an M code to make it faster
in the name of hotrodding.

There always have been 'LAWS'. nothing new.
Corollary ---
One whom executes a 'proper vision' of a build is respected.

Idiot sticker slap happy rich mommie paid $ for shelf parts wannabees & now my sheit makes a quadzillion H/P
have & always will be shunned by real builders.
No paper needed
Rant off,
Thx Honored Posters for the Grace !

Chevy motors don't require half a dozen oiling modifications to make them live... Just saying!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1451530818764.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 262
Chevy motors don't require half a dozen oiling modifications to make them live... Just saying!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, of course You were not referring to the 'IRON DUKE' or the
'QUAD FOUR'.

Oh apples & oranges, a discussion for another time...

"There always have been 'LAWS'. nothing new.
Corollary ---
One whom executes a 'proper vision' of a build is respected.

Idiot sticker slap happy rich mommie paid $ for shelf parts wannabees & now my sheit makes a quadzillion H/P
have & always will be shunned by real builders.
No paper needed"

Way back when Chevrostangs used to be popular. Still are. Still stirs up a lot of commotion in the Ford camp.

If it's all about the money, I need something else to throw a whole lot less cash at. Now, money is important here, but not to the point of putting a GM drivetrain in my car. That's my opinion. Wanta tinker? Go get a tinker toy play set. Or make a true hot rod, or a rat rod. Purist? Hell no. At least only keeping it Chrysler pieces is purist enough for me.

-
Back